Part 26

Hey guys. I apologize for the drama in my last chapter (just kidding I'm not I was cracking up at the comments lol) and I want to make it up to you. Here is a chapter from both Officier Derek's and Maxon's point of view! Thank you for 8,000 reads, I hope you enjoy!

---

~~DEREK~~

"Okay, soldiers. You understand what we're going to do?" I ask anxiously. I just want to get in the palace. We've wiped out all the guards outside, and we have a clear shot into the library, which we know America is in.

She doesn't know it, but we've implanted a tracking divice on her.

So now we know where she is, all the time.

It's wonderful.

"Yes, Sir!" everyone calls back. 

I smile cruelly. "Good. Now part one of the plan is in process!" I shout and soldiers scatter everywhere into their positions. 

I take a deep breath and tie a rope onto a nearby branch.

And then I swing.

It sort of feels like I'm flying. Flying to my death, that is.

But I'm willing to die for what I believe in. And I'm one hundred percent sure that what I'm doing is right. Even though the castes are gone, it's now obvious that they weren't the problem. The government is. And I'm going to wipe it out, for the good of my country.

Bracing myself, I shatter the glass and land on my feet in the library. I smirk as I hear America scream. And look at that, she has her youngest born with her.

Logan, is it?

What a shame that he has to die, too.

I start shooting but America pulls out a gun. From her dress? Where'd she hide it?

I duck behind someone else and almost laugh. What a coward I am.

But then I rethink that. I mean, I am the most important part of this plan. Since the beginning of my career, I knew I wanted to be the one to see the life drain out of the royal family.

And it's finally happening.

No guards enter the room, and I know my soldiers have done their job. I smile to myself.

To my left and right, soldiers fall. It breaks my heart. I led them here. I should be fixing this.

How has no one hit America yet?

And then I hear a strangled cry. Male. And Maxon falls over right on cue. One of my soldiers cries out in glee. Two shots in the knees. Yikes.

Something sudden washes over me. Regret?

These people don't deserve it. 

I shake my head. What am I doing?

This isn't right.

I grimace, and jump out from where I was hiding and start shooting.

But something hits my stomach, hard and tough. Like  a punch, except it's searing pain. I look down and blood is pouring out from a hole in my stomach. I cry out, not in pain, but in despair.

I look up at America and put on a brave face. Just like she puts on everyday. She's a coward. They all are.

"I'm willing to die for what I believe in," I mumble, but she's focused on someone else.

My last words. Maybe if someone heard them they'll be in the books.

Everything goes dark.

~~MAXON~~

The last thing I feel is a sharp pain in my head. My knees are numb. I can't feel anything. I can't... I can't move anything! 

I try to get up, or at least say something, but nothing.

"America!" I shout. Or, at least I try to shout. She doesn't hear me.

I feel Logan's prescence on my stomach. Thank God I didn't fall on him. 

I can see everything. I can see America, my beautiful America, shooting away at people trying to kill her. How am I not dead?

Logan starts crying. It's by far the worst sound in the world, and I'm sure that's what America is thinking. 

Then she shoots the last rebel, and finally turns around and sees me. She puts her hands over her mouth and lets out a strangled cry. "Maxon!" she screams. I want to say something back. Does she think I'm dead?

She starts sobbing along with Logan and checks my heartbeat, sighing in relief. 

"No!" she cries softly. "Maxon, wake up. Please wake up."

She places her head on my chest.

"Maxon, please, oh, Maxon..."

She start crying harder. "Oh, Maxon, please. Please wake up."

I don't want to see her cry. I get a little bit more angry.

She takes a deep breath and starts talking. "Maxon... I'll let you call me your dear. I swear... you can have whatever you want. I'll let you do whatever and I'll never question what you say. I love you... so much... please wake up."

If I was concious, I would've started to tear up. Her words sound beautiful, like wind blowing through leaves. Her voice is like silk.

And suddenly, she seems to snap.

She jumps up, holding her gun out and pointing it towards the window. She shoots, shattering glass everywhere. Just like when the rebels came in.

America just stands there, looking beautfiul, but fragile. I wish I could just walk up behind her, wrap my arms around her and say, "I would never leave you, my dear." Now that I'm allowed to call her that. I wish I could smile.

The memory comes back of when I first met her. How she called me stuck-up and shallow, and how she kneed me in the groin. And then how she had to admit that on public television.

She bends down slowly, half crawling over to me, and picks up Logan. "Oh, Logan. I love you, Logan. Your daddy loves you too." She swallows. "He always will."

At this point, I would've started crying.

I can feel my own heartbeat, and it's slowing. Not soon until I'm dead.

Not soon until I don't have America.

"Maxon," she whispers. "My dear, please wake up."

And now it's my turn to snap.

I bolt upright into conciousness.

 ---

I hope you enjoyed. Please review this story in the comments! Tell me things I could do better, ideas, or anything you want! Maybe say how awesome I am and I should become an author... lol I'm joking. But feel free to say stuff in the comments.

I have a very important question that you should answer!!

SHOULD I CONTINUE THIS STORY OR RIGHT A SEQUEL? TELL ME WHEN TO STOP IF I'M BORING YOU. IF YOU DON'T SAY ANYTHING I WILL START WHEN GERAD HAS HIS SELECTION. OKAY?

I'm hyper. Lack of sleep.

School is really slamming me. That's why I haven't been updating regularly.

Love you all!!

Love,
Eve