Part 28

• Dedicated to to all of you

--AMERICA--

Since the end of the Selection, so much has changed. I've realized that being a royal isn't all dresses and makeup. It takes intelligence and bravery, and tons of responsibilities. I wasn't always sure that's what I wanted the rest of my life to be, but now I'm so glad I decided to do it for Maxon.

Not everything has been perfect. Maxon and I still fight; after all, it's what we do best. And people have died; so many, too many people. The provinces have been fighting recently; but after a chat with some of the people of Illea, everything has calmed down. 

But as long as I live, I will always remember what I went through to be where I am today. And I'll enjoy my life until my last breath. With Maxon by my side, and Gerad Jr., Amberly Jr., and Logan there to support me, I can't go wrong.

May, Kenna, and my mother are my best friends now, along with my maids, of course. Though my mother and I had our differences, I couldn't wish for a better parent now.

I miss Aspen. I miss Celeste, I miss Gerad and Queen Amberly. I miss my dad. I miss them all. But I know they're watching over me, protecting me, believing in me; even when I don't believe in myself.

Now that Gerad Jr. is eighteen, his Selection will begin soon. I'm so proud of him. He's grown to be such a great man, just like his father. And Maxon has been the best parent in the world; gentle, caring, loving. Even when my temper gets the best of me, he's always there to save the day. He doesn't believe he's become his father anymore.

And our children will never hear about King Clarkson. For their own good.

But I tell them stories about Queen Amberly, and about how beautiful and perfect she was. All my children love hearing my stories about the Selection and how I fell in love with their daddy. 

Gerad Jr. has been coming to me a lot for advice about the Selection. And I'm worried for him- he's so nervous. I try to tell him that he'll be fine, but when I do, he just says, "Okay," and ignores my words. When I pass by his room at night, I hear him practicing what he'll say to the girls when they arrive.

But he'll do amazing. I know that.

And his family is right by his side the whole time.

Will I be the next Queen Amberly? Will everyone view me as the most ellegant and beautiful queen there ever was? I almost laugh. I can't imagine myself being thought of like that.

Whether or not I'm the queen everyone wants to be, I'll be there for them. Just like I was the daughter Amberly never had.

So let the Selection begin. 

---MAXON---

My life with America is perfect. I always dreamed about having a girl I loved so much I couldn't live without. Well, that's America. Ever since the Selection, my life has finally been worth living. And my three children are beautiful, just like America.

And now the time has come where Gerad Jr. will be hosting his own Selection. He's been getting more and more nervous; he comes to me every day to ask for what I did in certain scenarios. And then, yesterday, he had finally asked me how I knew America was the one. All I could do is smile and say, "I just knew, Gerad. She was just so perfect and I knew she was the one. It was a gut feeling. And even though so many things got in the way of us, I never gave up on her."

He continued to ask me questions, and I answered them all as best I could. Some of them made me want to cry from the memories that I was asked to bring up, and some actually made me laugh. Sometime I must talk with America and remember all those times in the Selection I spent with her.