Part 7

Surprise, I bet you'd thought you'd seen the last of me.

Well, I'm back. Sorry for the in-activeness, but with school and everything I haven't had time to update. But here's a chapter! Hope you enjoy :)

-

America's POV

It's been seven months since Maxon woke up from his coma. One month ago, Gwen gave birth to the newest additions to the Schreave family: two healthy babies, a girl named Rachel Layna and a boy named Kyler David. It's been incredibly busy around the palace since they were born. Amberly has been a huge help in taking care of the babies- turns out, she's amazing with kids. If I thought giving birth to one child at a time was hard, I can't image how Gerad and Gwen are handling two. 

The only one missing at the palace is Logan. Around a month and a half ago, he received a letter from Ashlyn, Gwen's younger sister, that he should come visit her in England and that she missed hearing from him. Of course, due to the fact that Logan had never let go of the feelings he had for her, he couldn't resist taking her up on her offer, and flew to England as soon as he could. He stayed around just long enough to meet his niece and nephew. We miss him greatly here, but from the letters he's sending to us, he seems perfectly happy with Ashlyn, and that's all I want.

Maxon has made a miraculous recovery from his heart condition. When he first woke up, he had to take lots of medicine to make sure he wasn't put into another coma. Now, he's off all medicine and claims to be feeling better than ever.

And me? I'm the happiest person in the world. My eldest son is extremely happy in his marriage, I have two grandchildren, my daughter has found a love for caring for children, my daughter-in-law has the children she always wanted, my youngest son is with his first love, and I have the love of my life by my side. I couldn't be happier.

"Good morning, my dear." I look up to see Maxon crawling back under the covers next to me.

"Hello, my darling." I smile and kiss his cheek. "How did you sleep?"

"Wonderful, as always." He laughs softly and wraps an arm around my shoulders. "You have that look on your face that you always have when something's on your mind. What are you thinking about?"

I turn to face him, my lips pressed into a small smile. "I'm thinking about how happy I am, Maxon. How happy I am to be next to you, how happy I am for our family and everyone in it. It couldn't get much better than this."

He nods along to my words and closes his eyes peacefully. "I completely agree with that."

He looks as if he's about to say something else, but before he can, the door swings open. I quickly pull the sheets up to cover myself, but Maxon just says angrily, "Don't you know how to knock?"

The maid averts her eyes before speaking. "I'm very sorry, Your Majesty. Prince Gerad and Princess Gwendolyn have requested your presence immediately. They're in their office- they said it was an emergency." She curtsies and scurries off.

I jump out of bed to get dressed. "What do you think happened? Are they okay?"

As he walks to the bathroom, Maxon replies, "I'm sure their fine. Maybe they just need some extra assistance with something."

Once we're both ready, we hurry to Gerad's office. If they're in the office, it must be something important.

"Oh, thank goodness you're here!" Gwen exclaims as we enter. She's standing next to Gerad, who's seated at his desk.

"What's the problem? Are the twins alright?" Maxon asks, his arm linked around mine.

"They're fine, yes," Gerad replies. "The king of England, however, is not."