Part 7

Well hello there everyone... it's been a long time, huh? About 3 years? Well, I came across this story again and I realized I left it unfinished, which is just plain unacceptable. I promised you an ending and that is just what I'll give you.

If you're reading this... you are awesome and I love you. I hope 2020 hasn't been to evil to you. Have a good holiday season everyone <3

AS A REMINDER, this is the last part of Amberly's selection, and then I'll go back to America & Maxon!

Enjoy!

-

"Oh, Amberly. You look so beautiful."

I turn around to face the voice and find my mom looking at me with tears in her eyes. "Don't cry, Mom! We just had our makeup done!"

She embraced me with a warm hug and smiled. "How could I not cry? Look at you. My little girl, all grown up and the most beautiful bride in the world."

I grin as the word bride fills my thoughts. I'm a bride, a bride that gets to marry the love of her life. And today is the day.

I look in the mirror in front of me, admiring my gorgeous dress. My maids did such a fantastic job with it and were able to create the exact look I wanted. Lace flows from the straps of the dress to the floor, sweeping all around me. Deep brown curls fall down past the small of my back, with a veil covering my face to complete the look. I take a deep breath. I look elegant, I look like a princess, I look like a bride.

Gwen and the twins burst into the room, and immediately swarm me with eager hugs and kisses. The twins run around the room excitedly, while Gwen showers me in compliments. Not far behind her are Gerad and Logan, looking handsome as ever in their suits. 

"I'm so proud of you, Amberly. You deserve this more than anyone." Gerad kisses me on the forehead. "You've grown up so much in the past year - I can't even believe it. Can you, Logan?"

Logan chuckles as he looks between Gerad and me. "Yeah, I never thought she would settle down with anyone, ever!"

Gerad playfully punches Logan in the arm and I roll my eyes. Though he was joking, I find truth in his words. Before my selection I was a free spirit, going where I wanted whenever I wanted. I had no real responsibilities and I loved it. Now, though, I realize that this is what I always wanted - to start my own family while being surrounded by the people I love most in the world, even if that comes with having to rule an entire country.

As the rest of my family finishes preparing for the ceremony, I close my eyes and think back on the past few months. It's been 5 months since Xander had his heart attack and since I proposed to him. Since then, we've spent practically every waking moment together. Gerad and Gwen have been giving us a lot of advice about getting married young and what to expect - but we avoided the subject of having children almost entirely. Xander and I agreed that we would wait a while before having children... but as both my parents and my brother have proved, sometimes things don't go as planned. 

It definitely helped to have my mom here while we were planning the wedding. Xander is amazing, obviously, but as he is not royalty he didn't know much about what royal weddings entail. He's eager to learn about all of our traditions and responsibilities, though, which reminds me I made the right decision to choose him.

Life has been busy since the selection ended, but it has been beautiful. I have learned so much and grown so much as a person, and as a princess. It's months like these that I will never forget, no matter what.

"Are you ready, my dear?" my mom whispers in my ear, drowning out the chaos happening between my brothers and the twins.

"I have never been more ready for anything in my life," I reply with a wink.

We walk arm in arm to the to the door, where my father greets us. He starts to tear up when he sees me, and is speechless as he leans in for a warm embrace. He takes my other arm, murmurs a soft "I love you, sweetheart" into my ear, and begins to move toward the room where I will be married.

The music begins to play and I look between my two parents, one on each side of me. My heart bursts with happiness that they could be here on my special day, and because they will watch as I grow a family of my own. All I want is a family like the one we have - the one my amazing parents created.

I start to get butterflies as we walk down the aisle, all eyes on us. A smile makes its way onto my face and I set my eyes on my groom for the first time. He is wearing a well-fitting, flattering black tuxedo and he looks so incredibly handsome.

In this moment, I know I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

When we finally reach where Xander is standing, both of my parents lean in for hugs and then hand me over to my fiancé. I take his hands, look into his eyes, and see my home. He leans in and whispers, "You are the most beautiful girl in the universe, Amberly Schreave."

I don't have a chance to respond before the minister begins the ceremony. I glance out to the crowd, filled with so many people I don't know, but my eyes settle on the front row where my family is sitting. They smile encouragingly at me, pride and love evident in their eyes.

And then it is time for our vows. Xander begins, "Amberly, the first time I looked into your eyes, I knew I was looking into my future. Not only were you the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on, but I immediately could tell you had fire in you, you had so much passion, and you had the ability to love more than anyone I've ever known. And God, I was right. You have shown me what it feels like to be truly and completely loved, and you have brought out love in me I didn't even know I had. I didn't think I had a chance with you, but I am so grateful you proved me wrong. I can't live without you Amberly Schreave, and now I won't have to. I promise to be a good king to your country, a good husband to you, and a good father to our many children. I will stand by your side through thick and thin and I will never do anything to jeopardize what we have. Because what we have is worth everything to me, and I will live the rest of my life proving that to you. I love you, forever and always."

Tears well in my eyes as he finishes. Now it is my turn to tell him how much I love him, in front of everyone that is important to us.

"Xander Blake." I take a deep breath before I continue. "You mean everything to me. From the moment we had our first date, to the moment you saved my life, to this moment now - every moment with you has been such a blessing. Words cannot describe how excited I am to be blessed with an entire life of moments with you. You brought out the best in me, you showed me how to love and how to be loved, and you changed my life in ways I can't even understand. I would not be the person I am today without you. You will make me a stronger queen, a stronger woman, and a stronger mother to our future heirs. Together we will rule this beautiful country fairly, and rightfully, and we will be prosperous. You will make an amazing king and I am so proud to have you by my side for the rest of our lives. Thank you for being you, Xander. Thank you for your compassion, your love, your everything. I love you endlessly. And I can't wait to be your wife."

Xander mouths the words, "I love you" to me and I do the same. And then the words I've been waiting to hear for so long: "You may kiss the bride."

My heart explodes as Xander leans in for a passionate kiss. And then another. Then we turn, hand in hand, to face our family, our friends, our country. As husband and wife.

The entire audience stands and applauds us, my mother and father being by far the loudest in the crowd. I beam at them, happiness radiating from my body.

I look up at Xander, who is looking out at my - our - people. An amazing man, an amazing husband, an amazing future father. I am so, so, in love. And I always will be.

Though it didn't exactly happen according to plan,

I finally have what I've always wanted.

-

Yay!! Amberly is all happy and married!!

The next part (if I ever update....) will be back to America & Maxon and the end of their beautiful story. I hope I'll be able to do them justice.

Until next time,
Eve <3