Part 18

BECAUSE OF 100,000 READS, WHICH I AM SO VERY INSANELY HAPPY ABOUT, I'VE DECIDED TO GIVE YOU A CHAPTER OF EVERYONE'S POINT OF VIEW. Yes, even Logan's. That should be interesting.

(Sorry for this taking so long. I wanted it to be quality work.)

-

-AMERICA'S POV-

Young love is truly a beautiful thing. I went through it once- well, twice- and I didn't realize how precious it was back then. Now that I'm older and I'm seeing it from an outsider's prospective, it seems more passionate and amazing than I remember.

Being in love with Aspen was a little frightening. I never knew whether he would bail on me one day, say he was over me; and he eventually did. But he was my first love, and first loves in general are terrifying. But being in love with Maxon was even more frightening. Because that time there was always doubt in my mind that he didn't love me back.

Seeing my first born child in love at nineteen is scary, too; I'm not going to lie. Everything love related is always risky. He was already heartbroken when Breanne was killed, and if Gwen does anything to hurt him, he'll be devastated. I have liked Gwen for a while now, but I have to admit I didn't always. When she first entered our lives she was mischievous and almost flirty. I didn't think she was capable of deep feelings.

Gerad told me I was wrong. He told me she was strong and smart, but I didn't believe it. Now there's no doubt in my mind about what a great girl she is.

Of course Maxon will always be mine. Our relationship has been strained at times, but now we're stronger than ever. The world will always be bearing down on us, but we have each other to lift us back up.

Love wasn't always my anchor. But now I finally understand that everyone needs it to survive.

-MAXON'S POV-

I'd like to think that Gerad Jr. has grown up to be a little like me. A strong, honest man, but still has a soft spot for women crying. Maybe he's even confused by women crying.

But he's finally found the one. The people weren't happy; Gwendolyn wasn't even part of the Selection, after all. But as long as my son is happy, I could care less what everyone else thinks.

America's obviously pleased. She's always been such a great mother. Amberly is happy as well. She seems convinced that Gwen and Gerad are the most beautiful and most perfect couple ever created. Logan on the other hand isn't happy at all. He's fallen for Ashlyn, who must go back to Britain to become queen in their kingdom. Though he's very young and she's even younger, it's not hard to tell they care for each other.

Though Gerad has been a little separated from his siblings from day one due to his duties as the next in line for the throne, Amberly and Logan still look up to him. He's a great role model and an even better man. He grew up to be exactly what I wanted him to be. Fair, caring, kind, determined, intelligent. Five traits everyone should have.

And until the last breath I take, I will forever be proud of my children, and the girl I fell in love with so many years ago.

My beautiful America. I'll love her a day more than forever.

-LOGAN'S POV-

Ashlyn.

Everyone has totally misinterpreted our relationship. No, we're not in love. We're not even old enough to fully understand what that means. Gerad and Gwen are in love. They're ready for a life together, to devote themselves to each other. That's not at all what Ashlyn and I want.

She finally understands how I feel. I've always wanted Gerad to notice me, to be the big brother I always wanted. But he's always been too busy being readied for the duties ahead. And Amberly... Amberly's great, but she's always doing her own thing and in her own world.