Part 6

My eyes open slowly to the darkness of the room. It would be so nice if we were allowed to have windows in our room; but as a safety precaution, we're not allowed to have more than one entrance to our room, which is the door.

I lay there for a second, thinking about what the days ahead entail. Time all alone with Maxon, maybe even with Lucy and Aspen sometimes. In the sun all day, sand underneath our feet and a beatiful ocean to enjoy. Maxon informed me last night that the beach we're heading to has been reserved for us, so there'll be no one else there.

"Good morning, my dear," Maxon says quietly, wrapping an arm around me.

"Good morning to you, too, except I'm not your dear." I laugh.

We lay like that for a moment in silence, enjoying the limited time we have in the morning. Once we're out of bed, we have meetings to attend and business to attend to. 

My gaze moves to the beautiful, golden dress hanging on the wall. It looks like it would be tight fitting, and down to the floor, but no longer. It looks perfect.

"I hope you're ready for a bunch of fun," Maxon says.

"Oh, am I," I respond, jumping out of bed. "I'm so excited."

Maxon goes into the bathroom to get ready, and I go in to the bathroom directly next to his. This being the king and queen's bedroom, we both have separate bathrooms. It's kind of nice.

Looking in the mirror, I take a deep breath. My hair is disheveled and the makeup I didn't get off last night is smudged all around my eyes. How does Maxon call this beautiful?

I brush out my hair, smoothing it down. I reapply my makeup, though there's not much in the bathroom still. Our maids already have everything packed and ready to go.

"You look beautiful," Maxon comments as I walk out.

I blush. "Thank you."

Once our bags have been double and triple checked, we board the plane. It's not that big- it's just big enough for Maxon, me, Aspen and Lucy. Aspen and Maxon have gotten closer, now that it's not a competition between the two of them and Aspen now has Lucy. The two of them are now planning on getting married soon, so we might as well give them some time away from the palace now.

-

"My dear, it's time to wake up," Maxon whispers, gently shaking my shoulder.

I jerk awake, out of the dream I was having. It was horrible; more of a nightmare.

Maxon seems to sense the panic on my face. "What's wrong, my dear?"

I don't say anything about "my dear" for once. Instead, I decide to be honest and tell him about the dream.

"Maxon, I had the worst dream. I was... I was giving birth, and..." I shiver. "It was horrible."

Could it have been a sign? Does it mean my baby's birth will go horribly wrong?

He leans over and kisses me. "You don't have to worry. Everything will be just fine. And our child will be perfect."

I fake a smile. "I'm sure you're right." I let out a breath and settle back into my seat.

"America, we're here! You see?" He points to the window, and I gasp when I look out of it. There's an ocean for as far as I can see to one side, and on the other side there's a beautiful, pristine beach and two beach houses next to each other.

We get off the plane and I take Maxon's hand. I smile and say, "Maxon, this is going to be perfect."

Then I feel a pain in my stomach. "Ah, when will these stop?" I hunch over.

Maxon just laughs. For a second I don't understand what he's laughing at. Does he think my pain is funny? Could he be mocking me?

I'm just about to burst with anger- probably from the hormones- when he sweeps me off my feet in a swift gesture. A gasp of surprise escapes me, and I find myself looking straight into his beautiful eyes. We stay there for a moment, still, in love.

"Your body is just getting used to carrying a child," he says simply, as if he knows exactly what he's doing. "It'll stop."

I nod and a smile creeps onto my face. Maxon always knows what to say. No matter what the situation, he can always make me smile. It's a trait I wish I had.

After walking for a few minutes, we reach our beach house. It's even bigger than I thought it was- elegant, beautiful. The sides are white with a tint of bright gold in some areas, the roof a golden brown. Even as Maxon puts me down, I can't take my eyes off it.

"I hope you like it, my dear." He smiles.

"Like it?" I exclaim, turning to him. "Maxon, I love it!"

I kiss him passionatley, wrapping my arms around his back.

"But I love you even more."

-

Hope you're liking this story so far!