forget

Saturday afternoon ;

it took all the courage inside of me to drive to claudia's house the next day. we have not spoken in a good week and I have lacked to mention all the details about me and ashton.

obviously she knew we were a thing since the whole school spread it around. but the two of us have just made odd eye contact in the halls and awkward side conversation.

I had this feeling inside my gut that she was mad at me. I mean claudia is the type of girl to hold grudges and hold them long.

so there I sat on that saturday afternoon parked in her driveway. my knees pressed up against the steering wheel and the car engine off. I was terrified of rejection.,

I didn't even tell her I was planning on stoping by, I wanted to surprise her.

when I had finally built up the courage to get out, I swung the car door open and placed my high top converse on the pavement.

slamming the door shut, which probably caused her to look out her curtains, I started making my way to her house.

skidding up the front porch, I approached the red front door and used my chipped black nail polished fingers to knock.

I brought my lips between my teeth and nervously rocked back and fourth on my tip toes.

she is my best friend, why am I so nervous?

there was a few muffled sounds on the other side of the door before it swiftly swung open to reveal a sleepy claudia.

my face instantly softened as I saw her, but she did not return the smile.

"it's just jade." claudia shouted over her shoulder as if she was speaking to someone else.

and then a shirtless calum came up behind claudia, resting a hand on her hip.

my eyes widened, "hey." I innocently spoke, waiting for an invitation to come inside.

claudias blue eyes ran up and down, her lips pursed. she had her arms crossed over her chest, her hip pivoted.

I did not feel welcomed one bit.

we stood there for quite some time, just taking in one another. both of their eyes pondering as to why I was there.

calum brought his lips close to claudia's ear, "invite her in babe."

claudia nodded, not breaking harsh eye contact with me once.

she then moved to the side as if that was the signal that I could come in. I let out a short breath and pushed past the two to enter the house.

claudia closed the door behind her in one swift movement and then pressed herself up against it. she stood there with her back leaning on the door, still staring at me without speaking a word.

I faced them both, "claudia I-"

"where the hell have you been?" her voice was soft as she gave me a look of concern.

I swallowed while giving both of them a glance.

I ran a hand through my hair, "I've been- I've been with my boyfriend."

calum scoffed, "boyfriend?"

claudia hit his toned stomach to hush him quiet and allowed her to talk.

"christ jade, I mean I know we have always admired ashton from afar but I would have never thought it was actually a possibly." claudia laughed pathetically.

I shrugged, "believe it or not."

"I'm just," she paused thinking of how to phrase her words, "im just a bit confused."