lunch

monday ; 11: 44 pm

claudia and I sat in the lunch room by a large window. i laid my cheek in the palm of my hand, watching the gym class outside run laps, thankful that wasn't myself.

claudia twirled her short hair, scrolling on her phone, smiling down at the screen.

"what are you so happy about?" my monday morning voice spoke making me sound miserable.

she gazed up from the glowing device, "nothing." she giggled to herself and then back down at the phone.

I rolled my hazel eyes, already knowing the answer.

its been a week since the party and claudia and calum have been closer than ever. you will find claudia cracking up at her phone and her fingers typing a long message. it's exhausting to keep up with.

to this day I still didn't know the full story of where she ended up being at the party.

"sooo," i sighed, "are you ready to explain to me what the two of you did when you left me alone at the party?" i tapped my fingernails against the lunch table.

she furrowed her eyebrows at me, "we didn't do anything." and what she thought I meant was hooking up.

"but where did he take you?" i crossed my arms over my maroon button up, which was my schools uniform.

"we ditched the party, we got bored of everything." she shrugged her shoulders simply.

"did the fact that you would be leaving me alone for the rest of the night ever cross your mind?" i harshly laughed at her.

"I told calum, but he insisted that we drove to the beach, and I couldn't say no." claudia protested.

"hm," I blew a strand of hair out of my face, "that boy frustrates me already."

she drew back at me, looking almost offended, "alright, jade, think whatever you want."

a pause of silence came between us.

my eyes gazed around the busy cafeteria. the round tables filled with people from our grade. it was so easy to point out where everyone sat.

the problematic jocks who only date blondes; the back of the room where no teachers could see them checking out freshmans asses.

the easiest girls at West Brooke also known as the rich bitches; next to the jocks because they are just as popular and hot and rich.

the stoners; outside, no explanation needed.

the 4.0 GPAS and future presidents; in the center of the cafeteria.

the musically gifted; never attended lunch because they chose to stay in the music room, obviously.

the boys who will do anything to get your number; scattered everywhere and anywhere near girls.

and then there was claudia and myself.

our two seated window seat table was made just for us. if anyone dared to sit there, we would have a problem.

my eyes came to a stop as they landed on a tall brunette dressed in the schools uniform, yet her skirt was shorter than ever and her knee socks basically looked like lingerie.

her hair was perfectly curled and she had two girls standing by her side as they found their way to the rich bitches.

it was olivia.

she looked happy, she looked as if nothing was wrong, yet I knew differently.

she sat down next to her friends and laughed at their jokes as if nothing happened over the weekend.