after midnight

12:26 am

at night the trolly had no people riding it. luke and I ended up taking public transportation due to our high alcohol levels. we were in no condition to be driving ourselves.

we rode it all the way back to lukes apartment, which I have never been to before.

it was simple and very rustic. it was a town house and had a view of los angeles. he had neighbors whose houses were attached to his own house, so we had to be quiet entering the house.

I stood behind him at his door, he fumbled at the keys not being able to concentrate easily.

his door swung open creaking at the hinges some. he entered the house first as I followed. inside it was quite basic, a living room attached to a kitchen, a bathroom, and an upstairs area where more than likely there were two bedrooms for calum and himself.

he reached over me and shut the door behind us slowly so that it would not make a lot of noise. the hallway we stood in was darkly lit and you heard city life from out the window.

"come here." luke softly whispered, heading up the wooden steps.

I slowly trailed behind him, my shoes making rather loud noises as they went up the steps. along the wall of the stairs were photographs which you could guess that luke had taken them.

when we reached upstairs there was a simple short hallway and three rooms which were two bedrooms and one bathroom that they both shared.

luke extended his hand out behind him for me to take. I looked at his empty hand and then connected it with my own allowing him to guide me to his room. he pushed open the door and flicked on the light switch against the wall.

his room was small.

navy blue walls, white comforter sheets, band posters plastered against the walls, and polaroids strung up on clothespins.

but what caught my eye the most was the guitar that sat on a stand in the corner of his room by a desk. it was acoustic and had a pick attached in the strings. it was never brought up once that he played the guitar, and for that matter that he was even musically talented.

I mean, I knew he worked at a record shop and that he always had his earphones in his ears. he enjoyed music a lot, in fact he loved it. it all sort of added up.

"you can sit down, you're probably exhausted." he said with a weak chuckle as I walked past him.

I sat myself on the soft bed, the puffy sheets almost enclosing me. luke remained standing over me like a giant. he slowly unzipped his jacket and began walking over to his closet.

"d-do you need a change of clothes?" he softly spoke almost nervous to ask me this question.

I smiled warmly, "that'd be nice."

luke nodded at me turning around to fumble around in his drawers. I watched as he shuffled through so many options as if he wanted to give me the right shirt.

once he found one he turned back around and approached me with a black shirt that had some colorful writing on it.

he placed the shirt in my hands as i unfolded it. I looked down and read the label.

I brought it close to me and held it across my chest, "blink 182?" i chuckled slightly.

he smiled down at me, "do you like it?" he was really persistent on me liking the shirt he chose.

"mhm." and without warning I fumbled with the ends of my own shirt.

lukes eyes widened as my shirt was coming off, he spun around on his heels, squeezing his eyes shut.