ignorence

monday afternoon 2:34 ;

"I failed my math test today."

claudia and I walked side by side in the courtyard, exiting the school slowly. she had her arms sprawled all over the place to use them to emphasize her horrible day.

i strolled next to her, wrapping my arms around my waist from the chilly breeze. thankfully my hair was braided and out of my face otherwise we would have had a problem.

claudia seemed upset about something, apparently today was awful and quoted exactly from her, 'all she wanted to do was see calum'

and calum was planning on picking the two of us up from school today, so her wish was about to come true. though he wasn't here yet, typical late Calum.

but my mind was somewhere else for some reason. I had completely zoned out and blocked out all of the complaints coming from her.

I couldn't help but get fixated on the body coming towards us.

it was ashton.

he was dressed in his uniform, tie loose around his vainly printed neck, a baggy maroon sweater over his white button up. and his curly hair fell into his eyes, the breeze drifting them out slowly.

my eyes would not stop staring at the boy that walked closer and closer towards us. but he did not bother to look my way.

"and then when I got my test back the teacher laughed at me! my parents are going to kill me, jade." claudia rambled on, but my gaze was straight in his.

he suddenly became so close that I could just reach out and touch him. but his gaze was fixed forward and had no intentions on ever looking at me.

that fucker pushed passed me on the courtyard and continued in his direction.

claudia then became ever so quiet, covering her mouth with her fragile hand. she had realized that he had completely ignored me.

I swallowed harshly, feeling a lump in my throat. without hesitation i swung myself around, the anticipation killing me.

I watched as the boy kept walking, checking every other girl out every here and then. and the girls swooned, they couldn't resist.

he had everyone wrapped around his finger. and for some reason in this moment I craved his attention.

"who do you think you are!" I shouted over my shoulder, causing a few glances from passing students.

and suddenly, what seemed like slow motion, the boy froze in his tracks. he remained facing away from me, the wind blowing harshly causing the tension.

I watched as his fists clenched and he tilted his head to the side, almost as if he didn't hear me correctly.

he finally spun around, his dark gaze beating on me and only me through his curly hair. he swallowed, scratching his defined jawline, and began walking my direction once again.

"what did you just say to me?" his mouth was agape, wanting me to explain myself.

claudia shook her head in disbelief and backed up a bit, feeling intimidated.

and I'll admit that I felt all the fear in my body explode. this boy was so frightening yet so irresistible.

I instantly regretted ever opening my mouth, not knowing where this was going.

"wanna say it again, princess?" he reached out and cuffed my chin in the palm of his hand.

my eyes looked deep into his as I swallowed, "who do you think you are ignoring me like that?"