getaway

11:00 pm

my head pressed up against the headrest, mindlessly gazing out the small plane window.

luke and i had to have a semi-battle over who would be taking the window seat. after multiple tries at rock, paper, scissors, i finally won.

so the two of us strolled through the airport together, hand in hand, and luke guided me through the crowd.

he kept turning around to check to see if i was okay, giving me the old, "are you alright baby?" squeezing my hand extra tight.

and i would nod sweetly, giving him a reassuring smile, and made our way to our plane gate.

when we got settled on the plane, luke allowed me to scoot in the row first. and his tall awkward body stood in the aisle, placing our carry ons over top of us in the small compartment.

the plane was somewhat empty, considering that it was pretty late and we would be flying for 14 hours tops.

and so now luke plopped down next to me in the middle seat, lacing our hands together and giving it one tight squeeze.

i tore my eyes away from the window and up at lukes beaming eyes. he wore a loose black sweater making him look super comfy, and those classic black ripped skinny jeans.

black on black, that's my boy.

he gave me a weak but sleepy smile, trying to calm my nerves down a bit. i wasn't used to flying long flights like this. in fact, ive never been on a plane for more than 2 hours.

and i needed all the love i could get from him to make it through this flight.

noisy passengers shuffled through their bags, and the air conditioning blasted softly into the air. the lightening on the plane was relaxingly dim, making me somewhat sleepy.

i swallowed deeply and locked eyes with luke, "im nervous." i boldly stated, trying to keep it together.

he softly chuckled and began to run his thumb over the edge of my hand, "we will be there before you know it, babe."

"the plane hasn't even taken off yet." i joked, wondering when exactly we would take off.

and then suddenly the intercom interrupted my thoughts, answering my question exactly,

'attention passengers; we plan on taking off in approximately 5 minutes, please fasten your seat belts and refer to your flight attendants for assistance.'

luke gave my hand another long squeeze, "you got the window seat i should hear no complaints from you missy."

this made me nervously chuckle as i broke our hands apart and grasped into the buckle around my waist. the clasp clicked together as i watched luke do the same.

then his full attention fell back on me, "what can i do to make you feel better?" he shot me the most innocent look.

what i loved most about this boy was how loving he secretly could be. before i had become close with him, i never would have thought that he would be a total sweetheart.

he was always looking out for me, and making sure i was alright. and i did the same for him.

i sucked on my bottom lip, "tell me the very first thing we are going to do in Sydney."

a smirk was plastered on his pierced lip, "well you're going to have to go through the initial meeting of the hemmings family."

i drew out a small breath of air, "oh god," i teased, "what if they don't like me?"