snowflake

there I sat in my pale blue jumper, knees tucked into my stomach, and eyes gazing out the window.

rain lightly tapped against the frame then slid down effortlessly.

I always seemed to enjoy rainy days. the house was quiet and I had every reason to lazily spread out on my white sheets all day.

but not today,,

today I found myself quite bored and my petty eyes dreaming out the window. the sky was painted a terrifying gray color which was signs of a thunder storm.

due to hot weather the storms could get bad in california.

all the books and nail polish piled on my bedside table had been used. I was now left in my thoughts just staring out my large bedroom window.

my parents took the trolly to work leaving our family car sitting in driveway, teasing me to use it to release me from my boredom.

yet there were so many places to go, but nothing was crossing my mind. I thought of all the places I'd rather be than trapped in my room.

my eyes roamed around my blue colored room and landed on a pair of headphones laying on my desk. I was very dependent on my headphones and plugged them in whenever i didn't feel like being present in reality.

Claudia teased me for tuning her out and tells me to stop being so head over heels in love with music.

music.

and that's where I could end up driving to. the record shop on 27th street that Claudia and I have visited the other day.

there must have been isles and isles of endless music genres.

oh and that boy. that boy must have known a thing or two about music. if he had a shift today he could quite possibly open me up to some new music.

I hopped off the indented window seat and left my bedroom. slowly I made my way down my empty hallway and into the garage where the car sat. my parents would not mind if I made a few 'errands' for the family. and for the family I really mean, for myself.

there was nothing I had to watch at the house, unless you count my fourteen year old sister, Felicity. she was taking a nap and wouldn't be up for hours.

I made my way out of the driveway, my rear view window peaked open, raindrops falling into my lap. the dark sky was intimidating, and I knew for a fact I wanted to make it home in time before the storm hit.

I promised myself that I wouldn't be in the store for more than an hour.

-

the same bell clinked as I pushed that rustic door open to enter the store. same as the last visit, there were no employees to greet me and only one old lady peering at records with her tiny reading glasses on.

I threw my cross body bag over my shoulder and made my way to a box set of records.

there was a record player, spinning around while a song about sex and mystic adventures played. I couldn't help but pick up the record to read about the band who played the song.

the 1975.

'now we're just outside of town
and you're making your way down
she's got a boyfriend anyway
she's got a boyfriend anyway'

a smile creased upon my lips as I took in the lyrics. I liked the sound of this song quite honestly.

I pushed a piece of falling hair draping in my face behind my ear. I shifted down the isle, the front desk slowly being blocked by tall shelves of records.