distance

tuesday ; 1:56 pm

the next day seemed to be never ending.

I seemed to be off the whole day. in each class I was drifting off, wondering how luke was settling in alright. everything my teachers were speaking went through one ear and out the other.

luke had called me practically as soon as he had landed in Australia, 15 hours later.

he sounded so grumpy and exhausted. as he spoke to me about his plane ride all I could think about was 6 foot something luke sitting in his old tiny bed from when he was little, staring at the ceiling.

i missed him already, and it was such an awful feeling. something just didn't feel right.

and so there I sat in math class, mindlessly gazing out the window. the clouds hung low in the baby blue sky and the sun brighter than ever.

and the sky I was looking at in this moment was not the same sky Luke was looking at. he would be asleep right now, battling jet lag one nap at a time.

all I wanted to hear right now was his voice, his sleepy deep voice. but instead I got Mrs. Jones pitched voice talking about math equations.

my cheek rested in the palm of my hand, my face completely emotionless. I just wanted to go home.

"and your homework will be page 23 in your textbooks, and you may start this now." the teacher made her way over to her desk to sit down.

everyone around me softly groaned, not wanting to do work just as much as myself, but preceded to do so.

I let out a soft sigh and retrieved my textbook from out of my bag. as I set the book down on my desk, it hit my pencil causing it to quickly fall to the floor.

with another depressing sigh, I bent down to grab the pencil, but only to be pushed away by a tall frame that was getting it for me.

I backed away and leaned in my chair and watched as he looked me in the eyes, handing me my pencil back.

"typical clumsy jade." he mumbled under his deep voice.

I slightly rolled my eyes and almost snatched the pencil out of his hands. I cupped my face with the palm of my hand and looked down at the textbook page, avoiding michael at all costs.

"damn," he chuckled, "looks like someone is grumpy today."

he was just saying this stuff to get under my skin. he knew exactly how to make a girl mad.

I didn't even bother looking up from my work, starting to write my name in my notebook.

"what's wrong baby?" his raspy voice spoke, as he put his full attention on me.

and then I finally shot up from my work, glancing him up and down, but not speaking a word.

"hm," he scratched the back of his baby pink hair, "perhaps it's the fact that you lost your little boyfriend."

after he spoke these words I felt my heart thump into my stomach, clenching my fists tight. I eyed him up and down, shaking my head in anger.

but I still remained silent.

"I'll make sure to let ashton know about this," he smirked at me, "oh and olivia, she'll just be ecstatic about the news."

and that's when I snapped.

"oh fuck off michael!" my voice rather loud, glances coming into my direction.

my weary eyes looked around the room, feeling my face flush with embarrassment.