hungover

the next morning ;

the curtains were draped allowing the sunrise to fall into the tiny room.

my head was buried in the pillow, my eyes forcing shut. one leg straight the other leg draped against the body next to me.

my eyes slowly opened but felt extremely dull and tired. I peered over next to me to find luke sleeping soundly next to me.

I watched as his tiny chest fell up and down, letting out small snores. this is the sound that woke me up.

my head was pounding and my stomach felt weak. I was hungover.

my hand was gently intertwined with lukes. his hand overpowered mine in size and surrounded it making it impossible to become free.

I tried my best to roll over on my side so that I was now facing away from the boy. with ease i retrieved my hand back and brought my knees up to my chest.

I mindlessly gazed out the large window, the clouds hanging low and the blue sky brighter than ever.

some how I ended up back at lukes house. I couldn't remember the rest of that night after the countdown. it was all a blur.

slowly I lifted the sheets up to be positive of the situation. thankfully I was still in my dress from last night, and luke was still dressed himself.

I didn't want to jump to any conclusions, but who knows what I could have done when drunk.

suddenly I heard ruffles and movement come from the other side of the bed. my draping hand was instantly connected with his hand reaching out to give it a squeeze. I rolled over on my side again to face the boy with a gentle smile.

his baby blue eyes were droopy and sleepy, he had dark under eye circles from the long night. he had a small innocent smile on his face as he brought his free hand up to his eye and gave it a rub.

he let out a small yawn before speaking, "good morning jade."

I continued to smile at the boy, "good morning luke."

my head was throbbing becoming almost unbearable to even stay awake. I shut my eyes and let out a wince of pain.

"hey," he reached out and pushed my cascading hair behind my ear, "how are you feeling love?"

I let out a gentle sigh and opened my eyes as they met with his again, "I feel awful."

he nodded understanding. he didn't speak a word though. instead he shifted himself so that he was closer to me. his forehead leaned against mine, his tiny nose brushing up against mine. he pursed his lips some before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I couldn't help but smile at this. he was so amazing. in every way I craved this boy, and I finally had him. he was lying here next to me so gentle and innocent and he was all mine.

"what happened last night?" I reached out and began to trace up and down his upper arm, "did you bring me here?"

he nodded against the pillow, "you passed out not long after midnight and I brought you here for the night."

I gazed over his shoulder at the slightly cracked open door. I could see outside in the hallway and a body walk past the room and walk down the steps.

it was defiantly Calum.

I then brought my attention back on luke and luke only.

"thank you for that." my hand trailed from his arm as I ran my knuckles over his jawline.