little j

friday ; 6:00 PM

calums car was old.

to say the least it has been through it all.

harsh weather conditions, small fender benders, and friends crashing in the back seat.

but all that matters is that the radio worked.

calum sat in the drivers seat next to a slightly sick claudia, fighting over who had better music taste.

and i sat in the back seat,

with luke.

it was a bit awkward since the last time we saw each other he was practically yelling at me.

but calum came up with the idea to head to the beach in order for all of us to get to know each other more.

mostly because he wanted to be alone with Claudia.

luke sat with his legs sprawled over me, that boy took up so much space. and I sat, gazing out the window.

the stars spread out in the sky and the moon hung low. calums rearview window open, resting an arm on the crease.

it had seemed like we had been driving forever.

calum had picked claudia and I up from school that afternoon and told us we were heading to sunset beach.

sunset beach had to be hours away, yet it was so nice in the dark.

the sky reflected off the ocean, making it a deep purple.

the empty life guard posts where we could climb up in and jump down in the soft sand.

the night surfers, the late night hookups, and the hard waves.

ive only been there once and it was with claudia. that was the day she had got her first kiss. and I remember being very uncomfortable and wanting to go home the whole time.

but calum insisted we'd all go and stay until sunrise. which I knew this was his whole plan to be with claudia.

and I had luke, though I had no intentions on even speaking to the boy.

I was upset at him more or less.

I was just so thankful olivia had plans tonight. I needed to get luke alone so I could break this down to him.

I got myself into this mess and I was getting myself out of it, and taking luke with me.

it was really nice having these boys suddenly in our lives. it seemed to happen so quickly. as if we met and everything was falling into place. just two boys from Australia.

"is that it?" luke sat up in his seat once calum pulled into a parking space.

there were teenagers standing by the coast, probably up to no good.

"it is." calum pulled the key out of the engine.

calum gazed over at claudia to see her reaction. she looked back over at him and gave him a slight smile,

"are we just going to sit in here all night?" she teased him for staring at her.

calum shook his head, getting out of the trance and was the first person to step out of the car.

I slid out of the door and instantly heard the crash of the waves. slight music played from the radio someone brought on the beach.

it was so dark yet the moon lit up the whole sky for us.

calum and claudia made their way up the pathway onto the beach, leaving luke and myself trailing behind.

we walked side by side, not speaking a word.