astrology

Christmas Eve ;

bringing a clear glass of red wine to my lips, I smiled weakly at the boys who spoke to us.

ashtons long arm draped along my waistline, making it clear to these boys that I was his.

the music played throughout the house,

'last Christmas
I gave you my heart
but the very next day you gave it away.
this year
to save me from tears
i'll give it to someone special'.

it was now the end of the month, and claudia and calum had decided to throw a small christmas party.

I brought ashton with me because I needed the company. from what I understood, claudia didn't exactly approve of my relations with the boy,

but I didn't care, because I liked him.

ashton went on and on, talking to the unfamiliar faces about the collages he is looking to apply to.

and i stood there awkwardly, indulging the alcohol swiftly, and faking laughter.

we had just arrived at the party and I haven't spoken to claudia or calum or any of my friends since I've walked through the door.

everyone wanted to talk to ashton and ashton wanted to talk to everyone.

he was somewhat the life of the party, and I still needed to adjust to this.

I was all his now and that came with a lot of things to get used to.

pulling the wine glass away I brought my lips close to ashtons ear and whispered slightly,

"babe im going to look for claudia." and once I pulled away his eyes were locked in mine.

he smirked down at me, "do I get a kiss first?"

and with a slight smile on my face I reached on my tip toes to place my lips onto his rugged cheek. the boys who were speaking with ashton, grinning at the sight.

my eyes drifted shut as I pulled away and smiled sweetly at my boy.

he kept me in his grasp for some time after my lips pulled away. and he was looking at me with lustful eyes.

this wasn't like ashton.

he was the type of boy to not fall so easily. but things have been different between the two of us. and I knew all the rumors of him using me to get what he wanted were wrong.

I saw the good in this boy and I adored him.,

or at least that's what I thought.

and then his extended arm drifted off my waist and fell to his side. he allowed me to slip into the crowd and search for claudia.

my eyes scanned across the room, passing a few faces. there weren't as many people there as you would think. claudia and calum wanted to keep it small and sweet.

walking into the living room my eyes landed on a giggly calum hood,

with claudia clinging onto his chest, the two of them with hands all over each other.

smiling at the sight of my friends, I pushed past the crowd and approached them with a slight smile.

"jade!" claudia practically jumped into my arms, "calum look it's jade!"

she obviously has had a few drinks since the night began.

calum chuckled slightly behind her and gave me a nod with a smile.