car radio

6:00 am ; saturday (friday continued)

luke and I had been walking around for about and hour when we finally decided to go back to our spot. we came back to find claudia and calum gone, probably off talking, or even something else.

Luke and I were alone for partially the rest of the night, actually. we ended up sitting and talking, looking at the night sky for the rest of the time being.

it ended up with luke falling asleep by my side. and I watched as his droopy eyes closed.

he missed the sunset, and I had two right in front of me.

he slept with his arms crossed over his chest, sleepy little snores, and legs tucked inwards.

and this got my mind thinking as I laid there looking down at him, how did the world come up with him? it must of been a miracle that we ran into each other. and I'm so happy he is now in my life.

if claudia and I never went into that record shop on that one day after school, we would have not been here tonight.

all the stars were up in the sky, but he was the universe and I wanted to be apart of it.

it was now the morning and we had grouped up with claudia and calum, god only knows what they have been up to.

luke found himself waking up, calum having to link their arms together and walk him to the car because he was so tired and drowsy to walk himself, he was a mess.

we had a long drive back to our city and I could tell the car ride was going to be full of silence and wind blaring through the windows.

luke and I sat in the back seat, opposite sides of the window. I watched as claudia and calum nervously linked their hands together in the front, claudia playing around with calums fingertips as he drove.

luke had his red headphones stuffed in his ears, per usual, leaving me to sit alone shifting awkwardly.

I gazed out the window as calum pulled out of the beaches parking lot.

calum reached for the radio to ease the tension,

'This is your heart, it's alive
It's pumping blood
It's your heart, it's alive
It's pumping blood
and the whole wide world is whistling'

memorizable lyrics filled the car as claudia tapped the beat onto her thigh.,

claudia and calum began mindlessly speaking of last night to each other. I wanted to hear all about it, but I'm positive that claudia would find the time to tell me later.

once we stopped at a red light I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and slid over to the middle, so that I was now sitting right next to luke.

luke flinched at our shoulders touching and tugged out a earphone to speak to me.

"hi, little j." his scratchy morning voice appeared.

I gazed up into his pretty blue eyes and gave him a faint smile, the bright morning sun lighting up his face.

"im bored." I whispered over the music.

he chuckled a deep laugh, "we just started driving, though."

I shrugged causing some hair to fall over my shoulders, "occupy me, keep me company."

luke searched my eyes for a moment, he looked in them as if he was trying to figure out what they've seen. he then tore his gaze out the window. we passed many cars and scenery.

he looked back at me, "your bruises are gone." he reached his fingertips out towards me and traced the crook of my neck softly.

I tilted my head to the side, allowing him to get a better glance at the faded marks.