rescue

8:12 AM

I woke up in my own bed the next morning.

I was running on jus three hours sleep, my dark mascara running down my face and staining my pillow.

i laid there spread on my bed, gazing up at the ceiling fan. i watched as it spun around and around.

i began thinking of last night,

then tossed over to my phone to find a text message from Claudia, which causes every aching bone in my body to go away.

it read; "meet me at Sydney's Cafe, it's the same street as the record shop."

I shut my eyes and brought in some air. I was utterly terrified of what happened to her last night. it was so relieving to know she was somewhat okay.

suddenly my phone rang again and appeared another text from Claudia.

"I'll explain everything."

and with that I spun my long legs so they were hanging off the bed. I gazed into my long vanity mirror, exposing my dark under circles and messy hair.

i tried my best to look somewhat acceptable, but let's be honest it was not easy when you're sleep deprived. I found my parents car keys sitting on the kitchen counter top.

when I arrived at the small cafe I had to pass the infamous record shop. the lights were on which made me have the assumption that it was open.

I found a parking spot in front of the small place and gazed into the mirror one last time before I went in.

my hands trailed down my neck and I flinched at the black and blue mark near my jawline.

shit.

there must have been 3 or 4 marks trailing down my neck. ashton really knew what he was doing.

I covered my mouth while examining the bruises and redness that suffocated my neck.

"oh my god." I whispered under my breath and ran a hand through my long hair.

what did i do last night?

I threw my pink heart sunnies over my weak eyes and made my way into the cafe.

the inside was brightly lit causing me to squint my eyes, keeping the sunnies over my eyes for protection.

I scanned the booths, most of them empty, and spotted the back of Claudia's head at a window seat.

but sitting to her left side was a boy, a snapback placed on the top of his head.

I bit down on my lower lip and made my way across the cafe. I stood at the front of the table before choosing to sit across from them, my sunnies still on my eyes.

the boy turned out the be the shirtless employee from the record shop.

calum.

claudia gave me a warming but nervous smile and beckoned me to sit down, "jade, oh my god," she scooted over in the rubber booth, "sit down."

I pouted my lips and plopped down on the booth across from the two of them, my arms folding across my body.

"you remember calum, right?" she gazed over at the boy wearing a black tank top, exposing his arm tattoos.

my eyes trailed over to him, "mhm." I mumbled, not being up for claudia's shit today.

what was he doing here with her?