home

5:24 pm ;

I sat in the passenger seat of that old car. my legs leaning against the dashboard, rays of sun peaking through the window.

thankfully I had my pink heart sunglasses covering my eyes so that the sun wouldn't do any damage. it was hot outside, like really hot. now that it was almost spring time it got pretty warm in california.

I had some shorts on and my bruised knees captivated my attention. I couldn't quite remember where I got them to be exact. but my mind wondering kept me busy as I waited outside of lukes apartment.

he was taking forever, per usual.

he was probably getting his hair to stand up just right, or rushing around his messy bedroom floor looking for a pair of pants to wear.

and that's when I watched as his wooden door swung open, revealing his tall frame which was the same height as the door.

his eyes and mine instantly met, though he wore his black sunnies over them. and he cracked a slight smile and reached his hand in the air while flicking his wrist to wave at me.

he looked like a little boy saying goodbye to his mom on the first day of kindergarten.

and then he made sure his door was locked while striding down his front steps. he began pacing around the car to the front seat, troubling with the handle on the door.

he looked good, if I must say.

the door swung open as his tall body ducked down and his plopped down next to me. a rush of his mint smelling cologne hit me as he turned to face me.

without a word he leaned his body quickly into mine and pressed his lips against my cheek, pulling away quickly. his face was scratchy and brushed against my skin from his stubble.

"hi pretty." he bit his lower lip, fumbling with his lip ring.

I felt my cheeks flush, "hi," I leaned away and pulled my seatbelt across my chest, "are you ready for your personal driving lesson?"

lukes cute smile formed into a smirk as he played with his seatbelt as well. he then nodded and let out an almost scared sigh.

technically luke did not know how to drive. legally he did not have his license, in California that is.

he knew the basics of driving, but not everything there is to know.

trust me, if you have ever been in a car with this boy you would be terrified of the roads.

so today I agreed to help him learn how to drive the right way. it would be much easier for him to learn how to drive so we could be together more often. though I had a license of my own, I wanted him to join.

Calum could drive as well.,

luke squinted his eyes and brought his hands in front of his face, "shit jade it's too sunny."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "we are in california luke." and then I reached across him and pulled down his divisor to block the rays of sun.

"is that going to distract me." he almost sounded panicky.

I shook my head and chuckled some, "no luke you are fine with me." i latched my hand with his and gave it a quick squeeze to reassure him that I was here.

luke gave a gentle touch back and leaned in once again and placed a kiss on my forehead. Luke was the type of boy to always wanted affection. he always wanted to be connected whether it was holding hands or kissing.