adventures

the Australian airport was quite busy for how early in the morning it was that day.

luke and i made our way through the sleepy crowd, hand in hand. he was walking in a much faster pace than I was, obviously. so i trailed behind him and he peeped his head over his shoulder to check up on me every now and then.

i could tell that he was so eager to finally reach his family. for the last 30 minutes of the plane ride he kept giving me quick summaries of each member of the family.

i on the other hand was a complete nervous wreck. i was trying to keep it as cool as possible, but on the inside i was freaking out.

it's not that lukes family intimidated me, i just needed them to like me. it's not always that your son brings home a girl from america to stay with you for the rest of the summer.

the two of us were both exhausted and could barely make it across the airport. the only thing keeping me going was the thought of lukes bed. it would take a while to get adjusted to this time zone.

luke and i grabbed our bags and rolled them across the floor, passing rushing faces as we did so. my shoulders brushed up against people running to make their flights and my footsteps became very fast.

and i wasn't really in the best mood or best appearance to meet lukes family for the first time. my messy hair and sweatpants didn't exactly give them a great impression of who I was.

suddenly i felt lukes hand give mine a gentle squeeze, followed by his sleepy eyes peeking over his shoulder.

i gave him a warm but weak smile to reassure to him that I was alright.

"am i walking too fast for you, babe?" his footsteps slowly became shorter.

i stumbled on the back of his shoes, weakly laughing, "just a little bit."

and that's when he slowed down so that we now walked side by side. lukes family was supposed to meet us right by the airport entrance so they could drive us back to lukes house.

but it was quite hard to spot them with the building crowds. i watched as luke squinted his eyes and stood on his tippy toes, although he was already a giant, to spot his family.

i looked up at his confused struck face, "hey luke relax."

his confused face softened into a slight smile once he looked down at me.

"we aren't in any rush to find them," i shrugged my shoulders a bit, "trust me we are gonna be with them the whole summer." i giggled a little to loosen the mood.

luke nodded and leaned down and pressed a quick kiss on my forehead, multitasking and still slowly walking.

suddenly i heard the airport intercom fill the corridor we were in. the announcers voice had a thick australian accent, making me grin to remind me that i really was in Australia.

the two of us continued walking now at a slower pace. to get to the main entrance we had to get on a long escalator that filed us down to that floor.

luke allowed me to get on first, stepping on behind me and rested his head on top of mine as we went down.

and that's when our eyes both spotted lukes big family, holding a sign that read,

"welcome home!"

and every family had a huge smile on their face, taking in everything about me. i wasn't sure if i loved this or absolutely hated it.

i scanned each family member with a weak smile on my face as we got closer to the floor.