tequila

that weekend was a blur.

it was saturday and Claudia and myself found ourselves lounging in my basement, bored out of our minds.

this ended up with Claudia getting frustrated with not ever having good plans, and she began to yell at me as if I could do anything about it.

so with a last minute thought, she grabbed the keys to my parents Mini Van and out we went to one of our high schools infamous parties.

of course we weren't invited, but claudia felt a bit rebellious. and also she wanted to do something other than watch reruns of how i met your mother.

and yes, we did show up in a Mini Van.

when we pulled up at the house there was only one word to come to mind.

huge.

the owners of this work of art must be millionaires. going to private school, though, you have an idea that a handful of teens come from rich families.

the house was glowing, beaming with flashing color and thumping music. there were wasted teens on the front law, skinny dipping in the backyard pool, and all sorts of craziness.

Claudia led us both through the front door of the mansion, i clenched onto her shoulder. I had no clue how she even thought people like us could fit in here.

my eyes circled around the room. to the left was the living room, where an audio system blasted the local pop station.

boys and girls grinded on one another, lips attached, hands all over, intoxicated girls screaming the lyrics.

and to the right was the kitchen. that is where Claudia pulled me into. there was bottles and bottles of famous vodka and wine. girls danced on the countertop and boys stood back and watched the show.

Claudia in secret got hold of a bottle of vodka and took a swig. when she tore the bottle away from her lips, a grin creased on her full lips.

this meant no good.

I have gotten drunk with Claudia before. it's all trouble.

she makes a complete full of herself. she is what you call a horny drunk.

you can find her throwing herself on any boy that comes in her path. I cannot tell you how many times she's gotten with randoms. she lets people take advantage of her.

it's no good.

I took the bottle of her grasp and took a sip of my own. the strong alcohol burned my throat, caused me to choke a little.

it was cold yet so good.

claudia and i drink alone all the time. one night we got bored and claudia stole a bottle of her parents wine

and that's when we began drinking.

"jade." claudia shouted over the music.

a took another go at the alcohol, "what?"

"turn around." her eyes became wide as they trailed up and down, a laugh shot from her mouth.

a felt my heart shake while ever so slowly turning around as I was told.

I felt my mouth become agape, and cover it with the palm of my hand to keep me from laughing.

there stood the one and only, Ashton Irwin, a girl on each arm.

I shot back around and met eyes with Claudia. she gave me a look and brought her lip between her teeth.

"we are at Ashton Irwins party, Claudia." I had to reassure myself to make sure this was actually happening.