confident

lukes point of view

6:32 PM

though i was away for months and months, the dinner table seemed to be quiet and boring.

my family for some reason had nothing to talk about. we pretty much covered it all from the car ride home from the airport.

my apartment with calum, the record shop, the beaches, the americans, Olivia, and my schooling.

but I seemed to skip over the most important reason there. she never really came up.

we all sat there, in our normal spots at the table, just how it used to be. jack to my left, dad to my right at the head of the table. it had seemed like nothing had ever changed and time stood still.

the silverware chimed against the plates as we ate our food, in silence. the Australian sunset shone through our large kitchen windows, a view from the beach.

I sort of played with my food, tossing it around with my fork. my mind was racing about one thing and one thing only, but it was all cut off by the sound of my brother,

"it's a shame you and olivia didn't work out," jack cleared his throat, "though she was out of your league completely."

and then jack and ben both exchanged glances, chuckling with each other.

seriously, nothing has changed. i was still the youngest in the family and my two older brothers will always make fun of me, always.

mom sat on the other end of the table, giving them a stern look as if she wanted them to knock it off.

I placed my chin in the palm of my hand, resting my elbows on the table, letting out a soft groan.

"sorry sorry luke, is talking about the breakup too soon for you?" ben giggled, squeezing his eyes shut.,

jack teased along, "you've always been a very emotional little puppy."

mom let out a scoff and rolled her eyes, "that's enough boys."

I let out a soft breath of air, clenching my fists together. if they only knew the whole story.

and i didn't quite know how to open up about jade. that conversation would be very long and too detailed.

jade was the type of girl you read books about. she couldn't be described in just one word. she was so amazing, way too good for me. and every little detail about her deserved to be expressed so gently and perfectly.

she was everything to me. my whole time in America couldn't even compare to the time I spent with her. every laugh and every kiss and every cry couldn't be spoken about in just 10 minutes.

how on earth would I be able to describe those incredible lustful hazel eyes that rolled back when she laughed at me. how do I put in words how her smile made my mind go wild and my heart explode.

how do I bring up her giggly laugh and how it was the cure to heartbreak. how do I capture her beauty and her desire to make me happy before herself.

she was my own personal book, and I swear to god I could not put it down even if I tried. and I fucking love her.

oh god i love her.

"I mean mate," jack sparked up again, "you really let some prick steal olivia away from you?"

I could tell the two of them were both judging me, laughing at me inside their heads. from their perspective they thought olivia was wonderful, they thought she was good for me, I mean she did bring me to America.