chemistry

monday ; 9:14 am

chemistry class.

that day seemed to be going by incredibly slow. nothing interesting was coming up.

I saw there in my desk, waiting for my lab partner to enter the room.

mindlessly I twisted the ends of my long hair, gazing at the clock. I wanted this day to go fast, since claudia promised me that she would update me about what happened between her and calum.

i heard loud laughter enter the room, causing my attention to focus on the group of people entering the classroom.

ashton and olivia.

she walked next to ashton, her arm tracing circles on his forearm. ashton held her close as if she belonged to him. the teacher wasn't yet in the room,
so that made olivia and ashton talk for some time.

olivia leaned against the desk that I was sitting at, ashton towering over her. she gazed up at him, taking in everything.

ashton had his hand on her inner thighs, "liv," he swallowed harshly, "what's the plan this weekend?"

olivia looked over her shoulder to see if anyone was listening in on their conversation, where obviously I was, but I kept my head down and in the book I was reading.

I was unsure if she knew that luke and I were friends now. I wasn't positive if luke brought me up in any of their conversations.

I mean, olivia and I have been chemistry partners all year and she hasn't brought up lukes name to me once. in general olivia just doesn't speak to me unless she wants me to do her work.

she leaned closer inwards to him, "everyone is going to your place, aren't they?" she talked in a whisper.

"depends," ashton ran his tongue over his lips, "unless you want it to be just me and you."

a smirk creased on olivias sneaky lips, looking around once more, "ashton," she hushed his voice, "you know I can't get myself into trouble."

but she was so wrong.

that girl could do whatever she wanted and luke would let her pass. luke was so forgiving and he was so attached to the girl. it was so wrong, all so wrong.

"so I'll throw a party, and there will be too many people there that the two of us will go unnoticed." his hand ran up her body and rested on her hips now.

olivia fisted the hem of her short skirt, "w-we have to invite him." and by him she meant luke.

ashton let out a disappointed scoff and released his grip from olivia, backing up some. he got very tense at the mention of lukes name.

"he won't find out, christ olivia."

olivia shook her head, "he already knows!" her tone of voice became a little more louder.

I shifted awkwardly in my seat, placing my hand on my cheek, my hair falling into place and scanning over my book. I went so unnoticed this whole conversation, ashton not even spotting me once.

he approached her once more, his eyes firm into hers, "then why do you bother with the kid anymore?"

"I can't just leave him, I can't do it." she huffed out, refusing to look at ashton.

ashton tutted, "isn't that sweet," he shook his curly hair out of his sculpted face, "you don't want to hurt little australian's feelings."

"stop it." olivia spoke up.