pinky promise

Thursday ; 2:56 PM

all day at school I was a mess.

I fidgeted around in my seat, I did not pay attention to a single lesson, and most importantly claudia didn't show up to school today.

once the 2:30 bell rang, signaling that it was time to head home, I made my way down the long hall and the 3 flights of marble steps to my car.

due to daylight savings, it was already getting close to sunset.

the baby blue california sky turns into a nice orange.

though the weather doesn't get very cold around here, it still is considered to be winter.

finally escaping to freedom, I pulled out of the schools parking lot.

but there was no way in hell I was heading home.

placing my pink sunglasses over my eyes, I rested an arm on the opened window to my left.

the air felt nice.

it was approximately six minutes and 20 seconds to get the 27th street.

and that's where I was heading,

to go see luke.

waiting at the stop signs seemed to take forever, even the rush hour traffic was just taking time away from being at the record shop.

finally, I spotted the shopping center of 27th street and pulled in.

there had been a car right in front of the record shop, which I had figured was either lukes or calums.

I quickly glanced in the mirror, sighing at my pathetic school uniform.

pushing my sunglasses through my hair, I pushed open the car door and into the record shop.

the recognizable bell ringing as the door swung open, and the smell of coffee, though I knew those boys hated caffeine.

"shit," calum cursed beneath his breath, "jade!" calum shouted from the front desk, seeming almost panicky.

I flashed him a slight smile while making my way over to him. I leaned up against the wooden desk, gazing down at the spinning record player.

"what brings you around here?" he seemed very nervous.

I gazed back up, "is luke here?" I came right out with it.

his eyes trailed over me, "I like your school uniform." he spoke with a chuckle.

he completely just ignored my question.

"calum?" my voice got a bit higher.

he looked at me as if he was oblivious.

"calum," my eyes trailed around the shop, "is luke here?"

calum let out an awkward cough, clearing his throat before speaking, "I- maybe."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "is he or is he not?"

I wasn't sure why he was acting so weird. he tried avoiding my question at all costs.

he scratched the back of his head, "sort of?" his eyes trailed up to the back lounge where luke and I once went up in.

"is he up there?" I spoke slowly, hoping somehow this boy would come through to me.

a look of panic struck his face, "jade, you can't go up there."

he quickly got up from behind the desk and in front of me, making sure that I wasn't going anywhere. he towered over me, making me feel small.