8128 miles

monday morning ; 4:34 am

"flight 54 now boarding." a lady spoke over the airports intercom.

it was unbearably early, and the four us could hardly keep our eyes open. the airport was silent, all you heard was the noisy intercom lady and the sound of bags being dragged across the floor.

calum and lukes flight was due for take off at around 5, but luke insisted of getting there at least 2 hours early, because that's just how he is. so we had been waiting for quite a long time.

claudia and calum sat across from me and luke in these uncomfortable airport chairs. the two of them were both passed out on top of each other, calum snoring a little bit, but claudia didn't even flinch at this.

while I pressed my cheek against lukes shoulder, my head resting in the crook of his neck. I draped one arm around his stomach, hugging onto him, not wanting to ever let go in this moment.

luke had his black hood up, his eyes slowly drifting shut, but each time they closed he scrunched his nose to keep himself up. I laid on him looking upwards at this adorable sight, smiling slightly to myself.

we sat side by side, waiting patiently by their gate entrance. the entrance was located by a large window, so that it allowed us to gaze at their plane that they would be taking.

stormy gray clouds hung low in the sky, looking as if it was going to begin to rain at any given moment. there was not a ray of sunshine in the sky.

luke had his earphones in, the red ones from when I first met him, listening to his music like always. he had a pout on his face, drooping into the leather airport chair.

my chin rested against his shoulder, peering up at my boy, "hey." I poked at his cheek to get his attention.

his sad face gazed down at me, giving me a weak smile. he instantly tore out one earphone so that he could listen to me.

"what's up babe?" his voice was so deep and sleepy.

"what are you listening to?" I blinked up at him.

and then he grasped onto the earphone he tore out and reached out so that I could take it. I grabbed the earphone and placed it into my ear, leaning my head back down onto his shoulder.

the soft and slow lyrics played,

'I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door
I've had you so many times but somehow I want more'

a gentle smiled creased on my face as I looked at him once again, "old maroon 5 again, luke?" I teased.

lukes guilty pleasure was in fact blasting maroon 5 and singing on the top of his lungs. one time the two of us couldn't sleep at his place and he ended up putting the whole 'songs about Jane' album on repeat.

luke sleepily began to sing along with the chorus of the song, "I don't mind spending every dayyy out on your corner in the pouring rainnnnn."

his voice was so low and his accent really hit in, making it almost impossible to understand what he was saying.

I watched him sing some more until he pointed at me while whispering under his breath, "take it away Jade."

I rolled my eyes slightly and did as I was told, "and she willlllll be loveeeddd."

luke joined in, "and she willll be loooveddd!!"

a few people who sat at the same gate as us gave us a few glances, confused as to why we were singing so early in the morning.