giggles

the next night ; 12:22 am

the house was quiet per usual.

my parents typically tended to go to bed extremely early, even on weekends. and my sister was out, leaving me alone on my Saturday night.

it was quite upsetting that all my friends were busy, including luke. claudia and calum were together and of course they said i could tag along, but I wasn't trying to be the the third wheel with them.

claudia and calum are obsessed with each other. and im all for someone who makes my best friend happy, but I don't see her as much anymore.

so basically I guess you could say the only person i spend most of my time with is luke.

and when luke is not around it just leaves me all alone. he didn't quite tell me where he went, but I knew he was with some of his coworkers or something like that.

anyways,

so there I sat on the edge of my bed, still in my towel from the shower. I had a habit of sitting in my towel for a little bit after my shower. and I scrolled mindlessly on my phone. I gazed at pictures of people in my grade, all of them out and partying.

it was all so alarming that this year I actually attended some parties. I guess you could say the only reason I went to those parties was because of ashton.

but that's all over now.

and when I was with ashton I sort of had all attention on me. everyone focused on ashton and jade. people who never spoke to me before, actually went out of their way to.

and now I'm just another one of ashtons girls who he used.

I shook my head quickly to try to stop thinking about that. I slid my fingertips over the lock button and watched as the phone went dark. I lightly tossed the phone onto my bed spread and finally got up to get dressed.

I slid my closet doors open and picked out some comfortable shorts and a baggy shirt to sleep in. as soon as I slid the clothing on against my skin I undid the towel that sat on the top of my head and walked over to the laundry basket.

I then went to my mirror and gazed at the tangled mess before me. I grabbed my brush and managed to untangle the wet hair.

it was pretty late and although I had nothing to do the next morning, I was pretty tired.

I tossed the sheets to the side and slowly crawled into bed. I settled and almost sunk into the sheets, laying on my side. I gazed at the empty space next to me, feeling a pit of loneliness fill my chest.

I reached upwards to my bedside table and shut the lights off, filling the room with darkness. the moon peaked through the shutter curtains in my big window, putting a glow through the room.

I kept my eyes fixated on the empty spot, reaching my hand out and slowly tracing circles against the sheets. now that I had finally gotten in bed, my mind was racing.

and that's when the bottom of my bed began vibrating and filling the room with a shuttle ring tone.

I let out a groan now that I was finally comfortable and pushed myself up so that I laid against the headboard. I pushed my fallen hair out of my face and grabbed hold of the noisy device.

I squinted my tired eyes at the extremely bright phone and read the caller ID. I felt my heart flutter and my stomach drop when I read his name,

luke.

was he okay?

I quickly unlocked the screen and brought the phone up to my ear,

"luke?"