bruises

part 2

1:00 am

luke could hardly stand on his two feet. his lanky legs couldn't walk in a straight direction, causing him to lean into me for guidance.

it was hard enough to guide him through the crowds of people at the party. he would whisper things into my ear, giggling to himself, but my main focus was to get the hell out of there.

the loud music was pounding through my head and I just wanted luke to be safe.

I managed to walk luke out into the parking lot without making contact with anyone. it was already so late I didn't want to stay any longer.

"jade," luke whispered into my ear, "jade i gotta tell you something."

we walked across the large parking lot,

"yes luke?" my eyes focused on my parked car in the distance.

"jade?"

"yes luke."

"jade you're really pretty."

my lips creased into an innocent smile, "thank you luke."

and that's when luke pulled away from my grip, stopping randomly in the middle of the parking lot. this caused me to almost stumble on my feet, giving him a confused glance.

I was exhausted and was loosing my patience. I just wanted to get the hell out of here.

he stared down at me with those big blue eyes, but didn't speak a word.

"luke," I mumbled, "let me take you home, please."

and then he reached out and wrapped his intimidating arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest. he leaned in and kissed the top of my head softly,

and then he kissed my temples, moved onto my cheeks, and pecked at my nose.

I giggled as he did so, "luke."

he began to giggle as well, pressing quick kisses against my lips. we almost smiled against each other.

one hand remained on my waist and the other trailed up to the crook of my neck where he tilted to the side and began to kiss my neck. I closed my eyes and allowed him to do so, feeling his chest press against mine.

I bit down on my lip, "luke." his name was all I could stumble out of my mouth.

his kisses were now slow and trailed along my jawline.

I was exhausted, but damn did this boy know what he was doing.

luke was much taller than me and whenever he had me in his arms, I felt safe. I felt like I was all his and no one was able to come between us.

to put an end to this I quickly pressed my lips against his and beat him to it. he laughed against my lips, mumbling my name.

"jaddddeeee," he whispered, "one more kiss."

I couldn't help but laugh along with him, "no!" I chuckled, "we need sleep."

and then I quickly spun around, lacing my hand with his and continued to pull him down the parking lot.

we were practically at my car when we heard two doors opening and the blast of music from indoors behind us. I felt my heart thump as I turned around slowly, gripping lukes hand harder than ever.

a tall figure, dressed in all black, stumbling over his two feet, a bottle of whiskey in his hands.

"ashton." i spoke in a terrified whisper under my breath.