butterflies

the next morning ; 5:15 am

my eyes slowly fluttered open, waking up to the smooth and slow touch of fingertips running up and down my back.

i lay on my stomach, facing my gigantic window which let in the early morning sunrise across my bedroom.

it was so early that it was still somewhat dark out, but the birds still chirped, chiming through the crack in my window.

my eyes still felt a little heavy from crying all last night, i didn't feel like doing anything today.

suddenly my thoughts were torn apart by the gentle touch of lukes lips pressing against the back of my head.

he lingered there some, whispering in my ear, "good morning sunshinnee." he said in a sing-song voice.

my lips creased into a smile as i flipped over in bed that i was now facing one sleepy luke hemmings, his head rested in the palm of his hand, propped up so he gazed down at me.

i instantly pushed myself upwards to his height and pecked gently at his lips, "hi baby boy." i teased him slightly.

and then some how his hands found their way to my own, lacing them together. no matter what we were doing lukes hand always wanted to hold mine.

it was a sign that he wanted to keep my protected.

as he peered down at me laying on my paisley patterned sheets, he used his free hand to push the fallen hair out of my face.

"how'd you sleep?" his thumb slowly brushed against my cheek.

i smiled in his grasp, "good," i tried to remember falling asleep, "how did you manage sneaking into my room, my mom went through all that trouble to set up the guest room for you." i teased him once again, bringing his hand to my lips and pressed down on the palm slowly.

after the graduation ceremony my parents insisted that luke had to come over and spend the night. technically he really did not have much of a choice, since he was only here for one night.

my whole family came back to my house and we celebrated just the five of us, and my parents would not stop telling luke baby stories about myself.

watching luke bond with my family was quite the picture.

the way he offered to help my mom out with the dishes, and the brightest and genuine smile she returned to him.

and the way luke and my dad tried their hardest to find something in common and then suddenly realizing that they are both are shamefully obsessed with blink 182.

and when felicity, my sister, and luke played twister and lukes long lanky body collapsing on top of her, crushing her causing her to giggle beneath him.

i swear my whole world felt like everything was finally falling into place. having this boy in my life is the best thing that has ever happened.

and then finally my mom had surprised me once again with that one envelope.

and inside that envelope held not just one, but two one way tickets to Australia.

which left today.

i had not even spoke to my parents about spending the summer down there, i was planning on telling them when i had finally got the money in order to go.

but they both insisted that this would be my graduation present, and there was no need to pay for it by myself.

so now all that was left was me packing up today, with lukes help of course, and leaving by midnight tonight.