skipping

monday morning ;

"god jade, you look awful." claudia approached me at my locker, eyes widening.

I turned to face her and rolled my eyes slightly, "don't wanna hear it."

I shut my locker and then spun around to lean against it. it was first period and I was currently running on a total of three hours of sleep.

luke ended up spending the night. there were times where he would wake up and have settle crying moments where he would wake me up too. I had to make sure he was okay all night, he needed me.

there were moments where I had to take his phone since he was drunk and vulnerable and he had every urge to call olivia.

today I put him in calums hands. the two of them had work today, but I began to wonder if the two of them ever bothered to show up. luke was in no mental state to be stacking records all day.

"did you like not sleep last night or something?" claudia began to twirl the ends of her hair, gazing at the faces that passed us in the hall.

as far as claudia knew, luke did not show up at my house last night. in fact, claudia didn't even know about me staying at lukes. but I would not be surprised if calum updated her on all of it. I hated keeping it a secret, but it was for the best.

I swallowed nervously, "uh yeah, just stressed about homework and such."

claudia raised an eyebrow at me, "are you sure about that?"

"why wouldn't I be?" I simply shrugged my shoulders, trying to play it cool.

"hm," claudia pursed her lips, "i don't know, you just seem a little off. I miss you we haven't hung out in like a week." she playfully said with laughter.

I laughed along, "I've been pretty occupied."

"with ashton?" a smirk crossed her face, thinking that she knew it all.

but in reality claudia knew nothing. claudia didn't even know how I was so close to actually being with ashton.

but I gave that all up, for luke.

I shook my head and let out a scoff, "that's not happening anytime soon."

claudia opened her mouth to speak, but only to be cut off by the sound of the first bell. she pouted and tossed her hair over her shoulder. saying goodbye to me, we parted our different ways.

and there I walked, alone down the halls. I carried a few books and kept my gaze downwards.

I was supposed to be going to math class.

but I had different plans in mind.

as i walked down the long hallway full of tired monday morning teens, I reached the big double doors that lead to the main office.

my class was in the other direction.

I approached a young woman sitting at the front desk, she was a receptionist and in charge of attendance. I greeted her with a sweet smile, she returned the favor.

"hello jade." apparently she knew my name.

I gave her a small wave, "helloooo," I leaned up against the counter, "I got a text from my mother, saying my sister is at home very sick and she needs me to take care of her. I was wondering if I could leave and do so?" I batted my eyelashes at her, looking as sweet as possible for her to believe me.

the woman raised an eyebrow at me, "your mom said that to you?"

"mhm," I flashed her a quick show of my phone screen, "my sister needs her big sister, please!" I begged, trying to do anything not to get caught lying.