safe

Jade

it was getting pretty late.

by this time there were teens passed out on the floor, and bathrooms full of puking people.

i wasn't quite used to this since i spent my weekends locked in my bedroom.

somehow I managed to stay slightly sober.

I mean I might have had a couple bottles, but I was perfectly capable of walking on my own two feet.

and the whole party i was on edge, just waiting for ashton to come up and talk to me.

to be honest I was terrified of running into him in any moment.

he was probably off fucking an underclassman because that's just the type of person he is.

I found a large marble staircase that led to the upstairs, where im sure there were bedrooms full of hookups.

I thought for sure I would find claudia upstairs somewhere. it had been two hours since she left me and all I've done was drank alone by the pool.

and if I find out that Claudia is upstairs with some low life trying to get in her pants,

believe me I will flip.

i just wanted to go home at this point and sleep the weekend away.

the hallway was dark and long, almost as if it was endless. there were doors everywhere, which were more than likely bathrooms or bedrooms or studies.

I was wondering around, using my phones flashlight for guidance.

at the end of the hallway I heard a faint scream over the thumping music. it was more of a moan than a scream.

it was continuous and it wouldn't stop, it was driving insane and creeping me out at the same time.

I reached the final door at the end of the hallway where some noise was coming from and some thumps.

as I got closer to the door I held my short breath in. my hands were slightly shaking and I grasped onto the doorknob.

please don't be claudia please don't be claudia please don't be claudia.

I counted for a few seconds, hesitating to see what was behind the door. I pushed inwards but just let it open a crack.

the room was dimly lit with candles on the bedside table. this must have been the master bedroom,

or even better, Ashton's bedroom.

the bed was a king bed. the biggest bed I have ever laid eyes on.

and on that bed were two teenagers.

both were still clothed, yet the girl who was on the bottom. I watched closely to try and make out who the two were, thinking that it could quite possibly be Claudia.

the boy on top tore his face away from the girl and removed his own shirt. and that's when I realized who it was.

my eyes widened and my mouth fell.

no other than Ashton himself and on the bottom a girl in my Chemistry class.

at this moment i came to a complete blank. i knew exactly who this girl was, but for some reason i remember her stating that she was dating a boy outside of our school.

and she most definitely was not dating ashton.

"olivia?" a faint voice shouted from behind me, echoing down the hall.