vanilla

sunday night 11:56 pm ;

I sat on my bed, legs spread effortlessly across the sheets. it has been raining since yesterday morning, but it was somewhat calming.

I ended up not sleeping well that night. I tossed and turned all night, gazing up at the ceiling thinking about everything that went wrong. and I knew tonight would be a repeat of it all.

but I wasn't wrong.

luke needed me, he needed someone to show him the bad in olivia.

but he wouldn't listen.

and in that moment I began to wonder if luke and I were going to speak again. I saw the pain in his eyes when I spoke to him. I didn't like seeing him hurt. it hurt me, but it had to be done.

it was a school night and I should be sleeping. my house was silent and dark while the rest of my family peacefully slept.

I laid in my darkly lit room, scrolling on my phone. my knees were cradled up to my chest and my chin rested on my knees. I couldn't sleep even if I tried.

and suddenly my phone lit up.

calum ; jade things are bad.

I furrowed my eyes at the text in confusion. I first wondered what he was doing up so late in the night. and I also wondered what he meant by this.

I tapped the keyboard to respond,

jade ; what do you mean?

I pondered for some time, scanning over the message once more trying to put things in place.

with a sigh I tapped the lockscreen button and placed my phone beside me.

I pushed myself up from my bed and made my way over to my dresser and mirror. i stood up straight, gazing at myself. my eyes trailed from my own image to the picture attached to my mirror. I felt my heart sink as the memories began flashing past.

it was a picture luke had taken of us.

I let out a soft sigh and grasped onto the photo, bringing it close to my face. this one was both of us. we had taken it the night of the party before we left my house to go to ashtons.

lukes blue eyes were crossed and he had puffed up his cheeks like monkey. my head was leaned up against his, sticking my tongue out at the camera.

he let me keep it this time, but it took convincing. he wanted to keep it for himself, he always asked to keep it especially if it was of us.

I shook my head and placed the picture back down on the counter top. I wanted things to go back to normal, but the cold truth is that things were never really normal.

luke is not a normal boy.

by me meeting luke for the very first time, I was basically agreeing to be a mess in his life.

but I didn't mind.

and then my text tone went off again.

I jumped at the loud sound, spinning around on my heels. my feet padded against my carpeted floor and back over to my bed. I reached down and latched onto my phone. I pulled it close to my face, reading it in detail.

calum ; you'll find out soon enough.

I bit down on my lower lip, staring mindlessly at the text.

why was he acting so confusing?

why couldn't he just tell me what he meant? calum wasn't normally like this.