thunder

he took me to a window.

the window was large and found in the back lounge area where the employees go. it was still raining and the window had millions of raindrops filling the glass. outside was gloomy and the wind was starting to pick up.

I knew that I should be leaving soon to get home in time before the storm hits.

he stood behind me, not saying a word.

I chewed on the inside of my cheek slightly and crossed my tiny arms over my body, feeling chilly. I was confused and very uncomfortable as to what we were looking at.

he let out some air, breathing onto my neck softly. "look."

"at what?" I snapped back.

"at me."

I spun on my heels to find him with no other than his polaroid in his two hands. I knew this boy for at least twenty five minutes and I already knew that polaroid goes everywhere with him.

I gazed at the vintage device, "are you planning on taking another picture of me?" i playfully teased.

he chuckled at my comment, "no, you are the one taking the picture."

I lifted an eyebrow, "me?"

"yes, you."

I shook my head with a pathetic laugh, "listen Luke," i let out a soft sigh, "you are nice and you have a nice choice in music, but I don't know the first thing about photography. you have the wrong girl. it's about to rain and I should be heading home." I tucked that one annoying piece of hair away for what seemed like the millionth time.

and then i began to shrug him off, turning my shoulders away and almost leaving the room.

before he called out my name, causing me to look over my shoulder.

"i'm going to teach you." he spoke softly, almost like a whisper.

I let out a sigh, fluttering my eyes at the boy, getting impatient and still utterly confused.

why did he want me here with him?

I stuck out my hand and he placed the surprisingly light camera in my hand. I ran my finger around it, seeing the scrapes and chipped paint, obviously it has been through a lot.

he placed his hands on my shoulders, causing me to jump at his touch.

he spun me around so that I was peering out the window again, the rain starting to pick up. it slammed against the rooftop and made it hard to concentrate and listen to lukes instructions.

"look into the view finder." he almost had to shout over the rain.

I did as I was told and placed one eyes into the glass while the other squinted.

"all I see is rain and broken trees." I said in a flat voice, uninterested.

"i'll explain later," he spoke with such passion about this, "and just don't even think about it, just press the button."

I stood in my tracks before doing what I was told. I brought the camera away from my face and spun around to him once more.

"you're wasting film on something completely boring." I shrugged, "what's so good about rainy air and swaying trees."

he furrowed his eyes at me and blew out some frustrated air, "take the damn picture."

my eyes widened and I turned myself back around, not wanting to come between this boy and his pictures ever again.