buttercup

the next morning

i woke rather early the next day.

luke and i ended up crashing in his bed after dinner, his laptop showing a movie he chose.

and i slept pretty good by his side, just the way it should be.

but my jetlag was just too out of control, as i wouldn't adjust to this timezone for a little while.

and as i woke up i could hardly move because lukes strong and heavy arm draped around my stomach, pulling me into him.

i took a little peak over my shoulder at him, snoring gently like a little baby. his mouth was parted open as he let out tiny muffles of air, his nose scrunched up against the pillow.

he looked too peaceful for me to wake him.

so slowly and as delicately as i could, i wiggled my way out of his grasp, gently moving his arm to the side.

i held my breath, fearful that his eyes would flutter open. but as i peered down at his tall figure spread out across the bed, he remained in his deep sleep.

and i smiled down at him, crossing my arms over my chest. the sun peaked it's way through the shutters, the rays resting on lukes sweet face.

reminding me just how lucky i was.

my eyes fell from the bed to my body, and gazed down at my ruby red painted toes. but also I stared at the baby blue t-shirt that fell past my knees,

it was lukes obviously.

and all i wore under this was a pair of lacy undies.

lukes family shouldn't be up this early anyways.

i reassured myself as i made my way out of lukes bedroom, slipping through the door ever so silently and slowly shutting the door.

the hallway was beautifully lit, just as the rest of the house was, letting the morning sunrise peak through their large windows.

i tip-toed my way on the creaky wooden floor, sneaking past the bedroom doors of the other family members.

i made my way into the main section of their house and noticed a light was switched on in the kitchen.

slowly I entered, hoping i was the only one up.

all i wanted was some coffee.

and then as i turned the corner, a bright but sleepy jack hemmings piped up from the wooden kitchen table.

his eyes almost lit up as he saw me, placing the book he was reading to the side.

"oh," i shook my head and quickly turned away, "sorry i didn't know anyone was up."

i almost exited the kitchen until i heard the chair pull away from the table,

"no no jade," and then some footsteps, "please sit have some coffee, you weren't disturbing me in any way."

and for some reason i got the impression that he wanted me to be there with him.

despite my appearance i would love to talk to lukes family and hear all the stories of my boyfriend. but i looked like a complete mess and wasn't in much of the mood to be talking.

i stopped in my footsteps and bit down on my lower lip, debating on what to do.

and then i spun around and shot him a weak smile, "if you say so."

i spoke in a whisper, almost under my breath, and pulled out a seat from the table.

i watched out from the corner of my eye as jack prepared some coffee for the both of us, the liquid pouring into cute mugs.