Chapter 55

When Taehyung returned to school the following Wednesday and sat himself on his assigned desk quietly, he was immediately jumped by none other than his friend Jung Hoseok.

"Kim Taehyung! Where were you all this time?! Without a single text message or call? Do you know how worried I was? Jimin is acting super weird because of you, you know?," he exclaimed, the brunette listening to him with wide eyes, feeling a tad overwhelmed.

Wait a second... Jimin. Is he that awkward about the kiss? I hope he knows I'm not feeling weird about it!

All of a sudden, he remembered Jungkook's words.

"Jimin likes you."
"I saw the way he looked at you, he looks at you the exact same way I do. And when the bottle pointed at him, he looked excited. Relieved, even."

He started thinking.
Could this be true? Could his best friend really have a secret crush on him without him realizing? Was this even possible? Even Ruo said something like that. But he was just lying, right? To upset him.

No, no. That can't be true. Jungkook was probably seeing something wrong. Or he was exaggerating. I mean, why not? Wait...

He didn't know what to think. But he did have his suspicions...

So he just looked at his redheaded friend with a blank expression, clearing his throat. "I'm sorry, Hobi. I had a really bad cold and I stayed at Jungkook's house for a few days because he was sick too and I felt too weak to move. Also, my mom had loads of work and taking care of me would've been hard on her. My battery was empty, by the way."

Hoseok just gaped at him in utter confusion. "Wha-- Okay, hold up. You slept at Jungkook's house? You had a cold together? How does that happen?" Taehyung inhaled and exhaled slowly, telling his 'Jungkook-and-I-had-a-fight'-tale once again since it seemed that Hoseok did not know about his and his best friend's little session.

"He carried you to his house because you were scared?! That's so fucking sweet, no romance movie could ever!," the redhead gushed as expected, covering his mouth with his hands to calm himself.

The brunette giggled. "He did it even though he was mad at me. And he let me sleep in his bed with him, for three nights." Hoseok squealed, his eyes wide as saucers.

"The two of you shared a tent together and slept in the same bed three times? And absolutely nothing happened?," he asked with a teasing rise of his eyebrows.

"No! We did cuddle a lot, I had this really shitty headache and so did he, we had high temperature and all that but we felt a lot better feeling each other's warmth. I had a really good time actually, despite being sick. His cousin made us so amazing food and he was so sweet, even bought watermelons for our sore throats once." He smiled in awe, recalling the memories.

"Oooohh!" The older boy looked as happy as a little child who had just been gifted a bar of candy.
"Sweet! I love me some good romance and his cousin seems like a big supporter, we should start a ship club. I just love seeing my dear Taehyungie all happy and smiley," he cooed, ruffling the brunette's soft locks.

"Thank you, Hobi-Hyung." Taehyung hugged his friend, suddenly seeing a new person enter the classroom and turning his head towards said person.

"Jiminie! Guess what happened between--" Hoseok seemed to have spotted him too, but getting cut off abruptly.

"Later. See you at lunch," the silver-haired boy just said dismissively, not even sparing Taehyung a single glance and rushing towards his seat.

The brunette looked after him sadly, his suspicions rising even more. "Is he okay? Did something happen to him?" He turned back to Hoseok abruptly as he accidentally caught Lee Ruo's eye, his stomach turning and anger and hatred bubbling up inside of him as all of this was entirely his devil of an ex's fault.