Chapter 18

"Okay guys, sit together in your groups, we'll carry on with your history project!"
Groans went through the classroom.

Taehyung rolled his eyes since he really did not look very forward to this. Talking to Jungkook wouldn't be so hard now since they were on better terms now, but BamBam?

After the party-incident, they hadn't talked to each other and to be honest, the brunette really didn't want to, either.

But since Mrs. Lee insisted that they should be working in their groups and BamBam unfortunately was at school, he probably would have to.
"Chim, how did working with BamBam go?," he whispered into Jimin's ear since today, Hoseok was sick and Jimin took his seat. He could feel his best friend tense visibly.

"Uhh, he was just unmotivated, I guess. He wasn't a great partner since I had to do basically all the work but at least he wasn't being a little shit. Why are you asking, did he do something to you?," the other answered, trying to keep his voice as low as possible as he didn't want Mrs. Lee to hear them.

"Umm... he went to aunt Hyejin's party even though he doesn't know her and he acted creepy as always, I don't think he will ever learn."
Jimin furrowed his eyebrows.
"What?! You should've called me, Tae. I would've made sure he stayed away from you."

Taehyung shook his head.
"I can take care of myself. And Jungkook was there, he kind of helped me and that's how we got close in the first place.
The older sighed. "Whatever. You guys are on a first-name basis now?"
To that, the brunette just nodded shyly.

They didn't get to talk any more since Mrs. Lee now rushed them all to move their tables together so that the groups could sit face to face and after that, two figures made their way towards Taehyung and Jimin.

Of course, it was BamBam and Jungkook.

And much to the brunette's dismay, BamBam took the seat right next him while Jungkook took the seat opposite to him.
The ravenette, who was actually planning to sit next to him, wasn't too pleased either.

"Hey Taehyung, it's been a long time since we talked," BamBam suddenly said while turning around his seat.
Taehyung scoffed.
"Don't you think you should apologize?"

The other seemed to think for a second, then he opened his mouth again. "Oh, yeah. I'm sorry we got interrupted. I'll make up for it."
The boy next to him blinked speechlessly, being at a loss of words.

"You seriously think nothing about what you did was wrong?! You stupid ass, you basically harassed me! And this is what you apologize for?"
BamBam furrowed his eyebrows, genuinely seeming confused.

"You're overreacting. Besides, I know you secretly liked it. I felt it and I know you did too."
Taehyung exhaled sharply and turned his head around. He was starting to get really pissed.

Opposite to him, he could see Jungkook clenching his jaw with rage burning in his eyes and for once, he didn't mind the younger's protectiveness.

"Whatever. I'm done talking to you. Guys, let's note our keypoints and present them to each other."
Taehyung took out his folder and a spare sheet to note everything down, everyone luckily cooperating.

For about the next ten minutes, they all worked with each other piecefully. The brunette was glad to say they came a lot further, he had enough information to make a 20 minute-presentation at this point.

But just as they were having a heated discussion about whether they should do a PowerPoint presentation or just an ordinary presentation with posters on the blackboard (since they had to present it in some form), Taehyung felt a hand on his thigh.