Chapter 7

"Good morning, class!"

A grumble went through the rows of the classroom.

"C'mon, try to be a bit more enthusiastic! Aren't you happy to start this beautiful day with an interesting history lesson?," the woman standing in the front exclaimed proudly, cheeriness evident in her voice.

A bunch of sarcastic "Yay"s could be heard throughout the room, her raising her eyebrows at that and clearly not feeling impressed.

Her mood seemed to make a turn upward quickly, though. "Oh well. To cheer you up, we're going to do something new! Please pair up in groups of four, everyone, we're going to do a group project on World War II. And you shall not pair up with your seating neighbors, this should also be an opportunity to make new connections!" She clapped her hands twice, the loud sound echoing in everyone's ears and waking them up slowly.

Taehyung groaned.
How am I supposed to find three partners in here? Thank god Jimin sits a row ahead.

"Jiminie!," he called, Hoseok huffing next to him.

"Seriously, Taehyung? You hoe, I wanted to pair up with Jimin. Now I have to pair up with three people I don't know!" Taehyung giggled.

"Sorry, Hobi. You're a social butterfly, you will get along just fine. Bye now. Jiminie, over here!," he waved his silver-haired friend over while Hoseok scrunched his nose in annoyance and left after giving Taehyung a harsh slap on the back of his head.

"Ouch, you meanie!" The brunette fake pouted, seating himself on his desk next to Jimin, who had just arrived. "Great, you're here! Now we only need to find two more people." He crossed his legs and observed the very busy classroom while chewing on his imaginary gum, a habit he had picked up from being bored a lot.

"May I have the honor, Taehyung-ssi?," a rather deep, silk-like voice behind him asked. The brunette widened his eyes and turned around slowly, immediately gasping and narrowing his eyes as he layed eyes upon the intruder.

"Absolutely not! How dare you?!," he suddenly yelled, glaring at the approaching raven-haired boy.

Jungkook clutched his chest dramatically, pretending to be hurt. "Ouch. You're so cold to me, Taehyungie. I'm telling Mrs. Lee that you're bullying me!"

Taehyung gasped. "Excuse me, bullying you?! You little asshole--" He was just about to jump off his desk and grab the ravenette's collar when all of a sudden, Mrs. Lee rushed towards their desk.

"Is there a problem here?," the teacher asked with a confused and slightly alarmed expression on her face.

"Nothing, Miss. Just telling Taehyung how delighted I am to be working with him and... Jimin." The transferee smiled charmingly, revealing his pearly white teeth that made him look a tad like a bunny.

She smiled widely. "Very well, Jungkook. I'm so glad you're getting along with everybody. I'll leave you to it, then." She moved towards the next desk, looking content.

Still smiling, Jungkook turned towards the speechless Taehyung. "She's so charmed by me, such a nice lady. Now, don't be jealous, my sweet. You're still the only one I have eyes for. I very much look forward to working with you, partner." Skillfully, he sat on the desk by swinging his legs over it in a hush and snaked an affectionate arm around Taehyung's shoulders.

Enraged, Taehyung tried to pry it off.
"Don't touch me. And just because you are in our group doesn't mean we're friends, okay?"

Jungkook, who still didn't let go of Taehyung's shoulder despite all the protest and just held him tighter, gave a satisfied smile. "Fantastic, I wanted to be more than that anyways." He winked.