Chapter 3

The days passed and Jungkook slowly got used to his new school life-- but did he like it?

He didn't even have enough time to think about it since schools in Seoul seemed to love giving their students heaps of homework more than schools in Busan did. Therefore, his afternoons were spent with trying to catch up with schoolwork since he didn't want to leave much of a horrible impression on the teachers. Plus, it wasn't like he had anything else to do.

In Busan, there was no big, strict cousin to take care of him and discipline him. Since his father was working most of the time, Jungkook was busy spending all his pocket money on cigarettes and alcohol, going out with people his age (people his age, not friends) and partying, simply because it was something everyone did. When his father had found out, he had been furious with him. Hence why he was currently at the other end of the country.

He had to admit, bad influences like smoking, partying and drinking did help him cope with tiring teenage life and therefore, he did miss it a bit. Losing his old day-to-day life just like that did make him feel a tad anxious and not to mention, empty. However, he eventually noticed that what he did was wrong and mainly peer pressure clouding his mind. So, he himself was set on starting anew and bettering his lifestyle.
At least, a part of him was.

As a whole, it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. If you counted out the dozens of girls who begged to sit at his lunch table every. goddamn. day. 'Just because i flirted with you once doesn't mean you have to constantly pester me with your presence, for heaven's sake,' Jungkook thought every time a girl showed up at his table, clenching her lunch tray tightly while pouting at him and batting her eyelashes.

Disobeying Seokjin's strict 'no-flirting-with-random-people-rule', Jungkook became one of the most popular and desired people in his school, which he actually quite enjoyed.

The hushed whispers whenever he strutted across the hallway, the quiet gasps whenever he turned down a 'lunch-table-offer' and the tiny squeals every time he had a friendly interaction with a female.

He also became good friends with Yoongi and Namjoon, they always sat at lunch together and hung out after and between classes.

Jungkook would have never thought he would stick with people like them, but they were extremely trustworthy, smart, relaxed and quick-witted.

As he got to know them, he learned that both of them were passionate musicians, they even had their own studios at home. In the afternoons and on the weekends they produced their own songs and they even let Jungkook listen to various drafts, the youngest of the three being amazed by their skills.

Currently, him and Yoongi were walking across the hallway to get to their next class, which was Algebra, something neither of the two enjoyed. Since Namjoon had to visit the men's room for a short moment, he wasn't with them and would follow shortly after.

From behind, a sudden loud shriek could be heard, along with a "Oh crap, I left my Algebra homework on my desk at home!".

Yoongi let out an exasperated sigh.
"And I thought my day couldn't get any shittier, there comes Jung Ho- fucking-seok and decides to get on my nerves aswell! That annoying-ass, obnoxious kid and his dumb voice! I swear, I wish I could go over to him and tell him to shut the fuck up!," Yoongi cursed under his breath, loud enough for Jungkook to hear, the younger silently laughing since it was not very common for the cat-like male to get this upset.

"Well, technically you could." Yoongi looked over to him, a mischievous glint in his eyes, as he smirked.
"You know what, Jungkook? I'm actually gonna do it. This kid has been getting on my nerves since elementary school and not once have I complained about his shit, but now's the time."

Before Jungkook could respond, the boy beside him had rushed towards the back, where a group of three were walking towards the same direction they were walking too.
Halting in his step, he craned his neck to watch the scene unfold.

"HEY! JUNG HOSEOK, YOU OVER THERE!" The redhead, who was excitedly chatting with his friends just a second ago, shut his mouth immediately and looked at the extremely angry Yoongi with a shocked expression.
Jungkook mumbled a 'holy shit' under his breath, turning around to get a proper view.

"GOD, DO YOU EVER SHUT UP? EVERY DAY, SINCE THE FIRST DAY OF ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, I HAVE TO HEAR YOUR ANNOYING-ASS VOICE AND IT HONESTLY DRIVES ME CRAZY! IT'S SO LOUD AND SHRILL AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, EITHER LOWER IT OR SHUT UP FOR GOOD!"
Jungkook was shocked. In the short time he had known Yoongi, he had never heard him raise his voice, let alone heard him yell like this.

As Hoseok came to his senses, he screamed back equally loud, his face turning to the color of his hair: "EXCUSE ME, HOW DARE YOU ME INSULT ME LIKE THIS AND TELL ME TO SHUT UP, MIN YOONGI?! I CAN TALK HOWEVER I WANT TO TALK AND HOWEVER LOUD I WANT TO TALK, IT'S NOT AGAINST THE LAW! YOU, ON THE OTHER HAND, JUDGING PEOPLE BY THE VOLUME OF THEIR VOICE IS SO LOW, THE MOST INCONSIDERATE THING YOU COULD DO TO A PERSON!"
By now, everybody had stopped talking and watched the two argue in the hallway.

Jungkook's jaw almost hit the floor. Not once in his life had he ever experienced such nonsense-drama, but damn did he enjoy it.

Now it was Yoongi's turn to shout again: "OH WHAT, SO YOU'RE CALLING ME INCONSIDERATE NOW? AT LEAST I DON'T TORTURE EVERYONE'S EARS WITH SUCH HORRIBLE SHOUTING, ON TOP OF THAT, AT LEAST I DON'T HAVE SUCH AN UGLY HORSE-LOOKING BITCHFACE--"

"SAY THAT AGAIN, I DARE YOU! UGLY, HORSE-LOOKING BITCHFACE? YOU FUCKER, AT LEAST I DON'T LOOK LIKE AN ARROGANT ASSHOLE DRUGDEALER WHO STOPPED GROWING WHEN HE WAS SEVEN! YOU ARE AN INSULT TO HUMANITY, WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, YOU COMPLETE--"

"Hyungie, that's enough now. Let's go, don't waste your breath on him." Another boy entered the scene and Jungkook felt his heart stop for a second as his jaw dropped.

This boy was the epitome of beauty.
The way his wavy, soft and silky hair bounced as he ran towards his friend, it made his heart flutter. Clasping his backpack's straps, he started observing his features.

He had big, beautiful, puppy-like eyes, fringed with long lashes, a cute, pointed nose and bewitching, lush Cupid's bow lips. Jungkook simply couldn't take his eyes off of him, feeling butterflies filling his stomach and twirling around wildly, as if they wanted to tease him.

"But TaeTae, he was insulting me-"
"I know, Hobi. Just leave him be, violence is never the answer."
His voice. It's deep like the goddamn ocean but so soft and satisfying to hear, I could listen to him all day and not get bored.

The gorgeous boy reached out a delicate hand for the other to take, intertwining his long but slender fingers with his friend's, now rushing away, his brown, silky locks bouncing again.

As Jungkook fell out of his sudden trance, he couldn't believe himself for even being this dazed. He wasn't one to be pining after another like that, especially not a boy.

Being bisexual and finding some boys pretty, he still had never encountered such strong emotions by simply looking at someone.

Was it love at first sight or something?

Don't be stupid, Jungkook.

Shaking his head, he suddenly saw someone staring- no, glaring at him.
A dude with grey hair he forgot the name of, some name with a J, perhaps?

After half a minute or so, the grey-haired boy turned around and followed his friends, Jungkook, having no idea what the fuck that was, made his way towards Yoongi, who looked pretty shaken up aswell.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: this chapter was so fun to write even though i didn't think it made much sense lmao

sorry, it was a bit long XD
and cliché, obviously, but whipped jungkook is kind of adorable so bear with me pls smdkksksld

i just realized this story already has over 200 reads and i really wanted to thank y'all for reading this weird-ass shit uwu tysm 💜💜)