Chapter 32

It took about a week for the offensive letters in Taehyung's locker to stop.

Truth being told, he still felt uncomfortable every time he opened his locker, scared of finding another letter.

The reason they stopped? Probably boredom. And a little something else...

Surprisingly enough, it was Jeon Jungkook himself who stopped the rumors. And the way he did it was truly admirable.

-

"Another letter, TaeTae?" Hoseok looked at the brunette with sad eyes, making him grasp his fork tightly and nod briefly.

"They've gotten less, but I still get at least three of them per day. It's either people calling me a slut, a predator for forcing myself on a straight boy or asking me to do you-know-what with them."
Taehyung sighed, his head hanging low. As he felt a hand patting his own hand, he looked up to see Jimin smiling at him, that cheering him up a tiny bit.

However, Jimin and Hoseok weren't the only ones sensing his discomfort. From across the room, there was a raven-haired boy watching Taehyung's dejected expression closely, which led to him only looking at the brunette and paying no attention to his food whatsoever. Weirdly enough, he could already feel what his sadness was about.

"Taehyungie, you need to shut down these rumors. They're obviously getting to you! What did Jungkook say about this, did you guys talk?," the redhead asked, making him nod.

"He told me to tell him if I got any more of these. But I don't want to bother him, okay?" Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows, a look of disbelief on his face.

"Dude is literally head over heels for you, are you kidding me? I hate seeing you like this, so... repressed? Sad? Just... weird! If you talk to him, he won't hesitate to help you speak up." Growing flustered, the younger shook his head.

"He's not head over heels for me. We're friends, Hobi," he spoke shyly, his ears turning slightly pink. Jimin unknowingly rolled his eyes at the choice of topic.
"Whatever! Tell him, it'll only get better from now on," the rehead exclaimed.

All of a sudden, Jimin turned his head and frowned. "I don't think there's a need for that anymore."
The two of them tilted their heads confusedly.

"Huh?"

At the other end of the room, Jeon Jungkook was standing on his chair, a clear urge to speak up written on his face.
His friends, Namjoon and Yoongi, just stared at him with wide eyes.

"Everyone! Attention please!," he suddenly shouted, his voice loud and clear. Suddenly, the whole cafeteria was silent.

"I've come to notice that there are certain rumors at this school, surrounding me and my very dear friend Kim Taehyung." He inspected every single student sitting on their chair and staring at him in shock.

"I'm not talking about normal rumors. I'm talking about dating rumors... But there is one thing I don't understand. Why do you fucking care?" His eyes turned into slits.

"Why did we get filmed without our consent? And why did no one feel the fucking need to even ask us if there was anything happening between us without making up these rumors?" His voice got even louder now.

"Do you know what's even worse? Taehyung's getting hate mail! Yes, HATE MAIL! For something as ridiculous as this! Of course, all of you cowards who sent him those didn't even reveal your true identities! Fucking pathetic ass cowards, how dare you?! Calling him names? Making horrible assumptions? FUCKING ASKING HIM FOR SEX BECAUSE YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR DICK IN YOUR PANTS?!" He was full-on yelling now.