Chapter 20

"Mom, can you drive faster? Auntie will be waiting and I don't want her to be late for her appointment," a brunette boy fussed, his voice sounding a tad hectic.

"Yeah, mom. I'll be late for my tournament and I don't want to get scolded!," an also brunette girl exclaimed, fixing the baseball cap on her head while checking herself out in the rear view mirror.

"Taeha, your tournament is in the afternoon, stop lying. You're going earlier just to spend time with that girl!," Taehyung snapped, his sister slapping his arm rather harshly, a fierce blaze in her eyes.

"What?! That's totally not true!," she snapped back.
"What am I hearing? You're meeting someone, Taeha?," they could hear their mother ask from the driver's seat.

"Yeah, she keeps making up excuses and makes me do the chores while she's out there meeting some weird girl!" The brunette rolled his eyes.

"Don't you dare talk shit about my babygirl, Kim Taehyung! Or I'll tell mom about that boy you were dancing with at the party!," the younger girl hissed.

"Kids, kids. Please. I'm shocked at all the things you don't seem to have shared with me, care to elaborate? Anyone?" Mrs. Kim glanced at her rear view mirror to see her kids silently sulking in the back seat. She chuckled.

"He forced me to dance with him," Taehyung mumbled quietly, the girl beside him scoffed.
"Yeah, sure. Didn't look like that forced to me. You seemed to have a lot of fun."

"Shut up," he ended the discussion.
Somehow, he couldn't ignore the fact that his sister was somehow right, he did have a lot of fun, eventually. He was just too embarrassed to admit it.

Luckily, they reached Hyejin's driveway just around that time, Taehyung grabbing his bag and opening the car door.
"Goodbye, baby bro!," he heard his sister yell and smile brightly, smiling a forced smile back and waving her and their mother goodbye.

As he rang the doorbell, he remembered that Hyejin actually must've found a companion for him, so that he wouldn't have to do the whole work by himself.

He felt a bit uneasy as he was pretty shy around new people, he feared this day to be terribly awkward.
But when his aunt opened the front door and led him inside after greeting him with a warm smile, his mind changed instantly.

"Thanks for doing this, Taehyung. You'll get your payment when I get back. Oh, and my other helper is in the living room, go over and say hi. I need to go now, bye bye!," Hyejin spoke rather hastily, sending a flying kiss to the brunette and leaving the house rapidly.

Not expecting much, the boy walked over to the living room and mentally prepared for an awkward conversation when he saw Jeon Jungkook sitting on the sofa and almost jumped back in surprise.

"What the hell?! What are you doing here?!," he screeched, an amused grin appearing on the younger's face.

"Seokjin-Hyung wanted me to help here since your aunt needed some cleaning around the house, she really seems to like and trust me. At first, I wanted to reject but then I realized you would be here aswell and changed my mind very quickly. Getting paid for spending time with you? Like, sign me the hell up." Jungkook's face lit up as he saw Taehyung's face relax.

"Okay, whatever. Help me find Yeontan, we need to feed him. The rascal's too hungry for his own good." The ravenette widened his eyes and parted his lips in shock.
"W-We? I'm going nowhere near that... creature!"

"Yeontan is the sweetest little fluffball, I can't believe you're scared of him. Why are you so freaky about dogs, anyway?," the brunette asked while taking a seat next to him.