Chapter 48

"Take it."

"No, you take it."

A raven-haired boy smiled sheepishly, his gaze fixated on an almost empty plate of fries, the last fry lying there by itself and waiting to finally be eaten.

Hesitantly, he picked it up and looked over to the person next to him, leading it towards the person's mouth slowly.
"But, Jungkook! I saw the look in your eyes, you wanted it," another boy protested.

The ravenette shook his head with a teasing smile.
"The only thing I want is you and your happiness, Taehyung," he spoke softly, cupping the boy's chin softly and trying to open his mouth, said boy almost choking at the words that had just been said.

"Y-You can't just say things like that!," he complained quietly, his eyes widened.
"Oh yes, I can. Now open your damn mouth."

Sulking, the brunette opened his mouth in defeat and chewed on the last fry, not knowing where to look as the two of them were in such close proximity, not even a leaf would've fit between them.
His gaze then decided to linger on Jungkook's very pink lips, flickering up to his dark but warm eyes every now and then.

The ravenette, obviously realizing, grinned, although he himself was doing literally the same thing.

And suddenly, the two of them had the same crazy thought.

What if we...

No! No, no. Get those crazy thoughts outside your head!

Both of them blushed, creating more distance between them and focusing their gaze everywhere but each other.
The tension turned slightly awkward because both of them were having quite suggestive thoughts about each other and both of them knew that they were having these thoughts.
And yet, both were too scared to make a move.

What a mess...

"Jungkook?" The other looked at him with a warm gaze.
"Yeah?"

"So... When's your mom's engagement party exactly?," he asked, fiddling around with his hands since for no apparent reason, he found himself slightly nervous around the younger. But by now, that was nothing new.

"May second. Mark it inside your calendar because on this day, you're only reserved for me." The brunette blushed again.
"I... Yes, I will do that. May second," he spoke shyly, mentally making a note to himself.

(A/N: btw may 2nd is my best friend's birthday so i came up with this date very intentionally uwu :D)

"So, what's your mom's fiancée like? Did you ever meet her?," he kept asking, Jungkook slightly smiling as he nodded.

"I did. She's lovely, by the way. Last time I was at my mom's, she came to visit once and she was really sweet. Their relationship was still fresh back then. But that was years ago, I don't get to visit my mom's often nowadays, it's really far away. She lives in Busan. But for her engagement party, I'm willing to drive all the way there, of course." He looked up as he felt a soft hand on top of his hand, his heart giving a little jolt.

"Do you miss her?," the brunette then asked, about to retract his hand out of apprehension when Jungkook's other hand grabbed it tightly before he could.

"I do. But I'm used to it, I never saw her much, my dad didn't like me seeing her. He's kind of a dick, not gonna lie. And, well, me and my mom's connection was never that deep so I always felt like a part of me was missing. We just kinda grew apart. But that's not her fault, nor is it mine. It's just the way things happen, nothing to change about that," he spoke honestly, feeling his heart give many, many more little jolts as Taehyung intertwined their fingers.