Chapter 40

Taehyung felt highly frustrated.

It seemed as if he could concentrate on nothing today.

Maybe it was the fact that he was on top of a mountain or the fact that he couldn't stop thinking about a certain someone, someone that was sitting only a couple metres away from him.

He had a hard time swallowing the contents of the cheese sandwiches his mother had made for him, chewing on each piece of cheese and bread for at least thirty times.
He only got to eat half of one out of three sandwiches in the end.

"Tae, you didn't eat much. You okay? Is it the heights?," Hoseok asked worried.
The brunette just shook his head.
"Yeah, it's fine. Not that hungry anyways," he spoke quietly.

Jimin and Hoseok looked at each other with a questioning look on their faces, not used to see their friend so demotivated. But it was probably just the height of the mountain making him feel a bit dizzy.
Nevertheless, they were kind of worried. Would Taehyung be able to get through the day with eating so little food?

A concerned Jimin threw his arm around the younger boy, smiling when said boy scooted closer towards him and leaned against him.
Hoseok just pouted, thinking if he should offer Taehyung any of his own food or ask around for some sweets that the brunette one hundred percent would eat because, well, he did love sweets.

"Students! This is our last time interrupting you, we swear!" Mrs. Lee looked into the crowd of annoyed students enthusiastically, clapping her hands. She herself seemed to be having the time of her life, along with her husband.

"My husband and I have made a fabulous decision to better the community within the class." She smiled happily.
"I always see you hanging around with your private groups of friends but you guys should learn to get along with classmates that are not part of your friend group, new acquaintances! This is the perfect opportunity to not be awkward around each other anymore."

(A/N: my school teachers do this stuff all the time so yeah, don't wonder :D)

"So yes, we came to a good decision. We drew lots and randomized who will sleep with whom in a tent! A perfect opportunity to bond with each other! And don't worry, it's always going to be boys with boys and girls with girls so no funny stuff happens!" She winked into the round, everyone gasping in shock.

All of a sudden, Taehyung felt wide awake.
"Wh-What?! We won't be able to sleep in a tent together?"
I don't feel comfortable sleeping in a tent with some random boys, what the hell?

"Unfair! This was supposed to be the first time of us three sleeping in a tent together!," Hoseok whined, pouting aggressively.
Jimin just sulked, disappointed at the fact that he wouldn't be able to cuddle his dear brunette friend all night long.

"I'll be reading the pairs now, let's start with the girls!," the teacher shouted in her shrill, annoyingly cheery voice.
"So! Mina, Chaeyoung. Sunny, Lisa. Seolhyun, Soyeon. Hyunjung, Joohyun..."
She kept reading, her reading glasses threatening to fall down.

After a while, she was finally done announcing all the girl-pairs.
"Okay then, let's move on to the boys!" She grinned, looking way too cheerful for Taehyung's liking.
"There'll be a group of three for you guys, but let's start with the duos first! So... Taeyong, Namjoon. Yeonjun, Minjae. Kyungsoo, Wooyoung. Jongdae, Soobin. Hoseok, Yoongi..."

The redhead gasped as he heard his name being called.
"Fuck, no!" 
Secretly pitying his friend, Taehyung kept listening since his name had not been mentioned yet.

"And now on to our group of three: Taehyung, Jungkook and BamBam."
She clapped her hands and linked arms with her husband.
"That was it! We will be leaving in an hour so enjoy your time and make it count!"