Chapter 11

"The pleasure is all mine, ma'am. Happy birthday."

Aunt Hyejin beamed at him. "And he's charming aswell! Your family raised him well, Seokjin. Oh, let's give them a hug, Taehyung." Taehyung widened his eyes.

I am not hugging Jeon Jungkook in this lifetime!

Seeing Jungkook's smug expression in the corner of his eye made him want to slap him. Since he obviously couldn't do that here, he just smiled nervously.
"Umm... Auntie, is that really necessary? I mean--"

"No excuses, Taehyung. It's just a hug under friends, is there a problem?"
Seeing the slight annoyance on his aunt's face, Taehyung held in his complaints and just smiled again.
"Uhh, of course not."
It was her birthday after all, no need to act petty. Even if it meant having to give Jeon Jungkook a hug.

After giving her newly-acquainted guests a hug, Hyejin gestured Taehyung to do the same.
Feeling terribly awkward, Taehyung moved towards Seokjin and gave him a quick hug, since Seokjin did seem pretty nice.

"Nice to meet you, Taehyung. I've heard a lot about you, good things, of course. You're a gorgeous boy," the older ravenette said, making Taehyung blush out of embarrassment, he bowed his head down as a way to say 'thank you'.

And then, he turned around and faced Jungkook, who was already looking at him, and his smile faltered.

"Umm..."
He was at a loss of words, thinking about just giving him a simple handshake but then throwing away that thought immediately. He was being stupid.

So he just laid his hands on Jungkook's shoulders and tilted his head sideways to make it look like they were hugging, because truly, he really didn't want to.
He was definetely not liking this, it felt weird. His heart was beating at a fast pace.

He widened his eyes when Jungkook pulled him closer and embraced the hug by pulling him flush against his chest.
After a few seconds of being caught off guard, Taehyung quickly pushed himself off the younger boy.

He was definetely not liking this.
His heart was now beating at an even faster pace.

Seeing the ravenette's satisfied smirk, he rolled his eyes.

"Let us show you my new garden plants, you'll love them!"
After taking her birthday presents from the two guests, Hyejin led them into the house.

"May I excuse myself to the bathroom, Miss?," Jungkook asked politely.
She smiled delightfully.
"Of course, dear, you may. Taehyung will show you the way."

Excuse me? I did not sign up for this.

"Uhh... Yeah... Follow me... I guess?"
Feeling extremely uncomfortable, Taehyung led Jungkook to the living room, a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Didn't know that Hyung's old college professor had such a pretty nephew. If I did, I would've come a lot sooner."
The brunette scoffed.
"Oh please. Seeing you five times a week is troubling me enough, this week I had to see you seven times! Seven! So please spare me from your sneaky little comments, at least today."

"Ohh, so you're troubled by me? I feel honored." Jungkook winked, making Taehyung halt in his step.
"I didn't mean it like that! It's just, you're everywhere! It confuses the shit out of m-- Ugh. No, not here, Yeontan!"
Taehyung felt the young Pomeranian randomly hug his feet, where the hell did he come from?!

As soon as Jungkook looked down, he flinched. "A-A dog?!"
Taehyung picked up the whining dog unfazed, making him take a big step back.
"Yes, a dog. What's wrong?"