Chapter 50

"Ugh. Minnie, can you help me put this on?"

A certain brunette boy was standing in front of his mirror with his hands clutching a beautiful sapphire necklace, he was craning his neck and his fingers were fiddling with the end locket in attempt to wear it. His elbows were on either side of his head, not making it easy for him to move at all.

His silver-haired friend rushed to his aid, hair slightly wavy and parted to reveal part of his forehead.
With his heart beating uncontrollably in his chest, he positioned himself right behind Taehyung and tapped his wrist gently.
They stood close, very close.
"Can you let go? I'll do it for you."

He then grabbed the other's hands to remove them from the end locket of the necklace, feeling himself close to a heart attack by doing that.
Taehyung remained unfazed, letting go and pulling back his arms with a little smile.
"Thanks. You're a lifesaver," he mumbled, watching Jimin now fumble with the end lockets through the mirror.

Stop looking at me like that. Stop it, or I might go insane, the shorter boy screamed inside his mind, feeling the heat rush into his face because of his best friend's dark, warm and non-suspecting eyes watching him innocently.
For Jimin, this particular action screamed intimacy while for Taehyung, it was just best friends helping each other out.

Just a few moments later, Jimin luckily got a hang of the necklace so that it was now hanging down swiftly and accentuating the brunette's perfect neckline and the beautiful sapphire gemstone bringing out the tempting twinkle in his perfect eyes; the silverhead really had to keep it together to not stare like a maniac.

And as he made some last adjustments, his eyes just happened to bore into the younger's honey, almost caramel-shaded skin, looking oh-so smooth and soft and kissable- tasty, even- he could not afford giving into the powerful temptation, despite all the unspeakable things he wanted to do right there, right now.
All he could do is bite his teeth together and give a fake little smile, forcing his eyes off of Taehyung's neckline and stepping back, trying to keep his bursting heart under control.

"Okay, all done."
The brunette turned around happily.
"Great, thanks!"
Jimin watched him with his heart slightly aching.
"You're cheery for someone who's about to attend Lee Ruo's party. Why are you wearing that necklace anyways? It looks too pretty on you! He might misunderstand and think you have feelings for him again, you know...," he rambled, concerned.

"You're sweet for worrying about me, Minnie. But... let's view this as a huge 'fuck you' to him. He needs to see that he has zero control over me. He needs to know that I'm gonna win. Because he was there when I bought it, and he absolutely despised this necklace." The boy smiled sweetly.

"He told me to never wear this around him because he hated the colour. And then we forgot about it, today's the first time I remembered! What better 'fuck you' to him than this necklace?" He grinned mischievously.
Jimin slightly frowned.

"But still, be careful. He obviously isn't just planning on having a few drinks and some innocent chats with us. He's planning something, you said it." Taehyung walked over to him and patted his shoulder, making the silver-haired boy slightly jerk back.

"You'll be there. And with you by my side, I'm gonna be fine. And so is Jungkook, he got invited too. Sadly. I was hoping he wouldn't get involved in any of this mess. But I feel like he just did, ugh." He huffed in frustration, feeling a slightly unpleasant feeling inside his gut.

He wanted the other to stay safe and out of drama. But apparently, that was not possible.

"Oh, the time. Let's go then, Minnie."
Rushing towards the door and gesturing Jimin to follow him, he felt a bit uncanny. But also a bit excited, because he was going to see Jungkook.
Only a little bit.