Chapter 44

Exam week was rapidly approaching and everyone was extremely busy, especially Taehyung.

One thing he had now realized was that he had a tendency of slacking off and procrastinating at the beginning of every school year. And towards the end, he started panicking and tried to catch up everything in very little time. Which was a problem, to say the least.

However, after weeks of struggling and being stressed, he had finally found a solution. Part of that solution had been- believe it or not- Jeon Jungkook, who had seen his struggle, known exactly how he felt, and just became a part of overcoming it.

He couldn't wait for his exams to be over so that he could finally confess his... liking towards the younger boy.

He found himself thinking more and more about him, his sweet words and caring attitude never leaving his head and making his heart flutter.
Then again, how could he not?

Deep in thought, he approached his locker to get the needed books for his next period. But as he opened the locker's door, he gasped in shock.

He came to face with a bouquet of luscious red roses, lying on top of a box of delicious but expensive chocolate- pralines to be exact.

And in the center laid a letter in a clean, pastel pink envelope, 'To Kim Taehyung' written in the middle of it.

Holding his breath, the brunette held the letter with shaky hands, opening it as gently as he could to not ruin the paper. His heart was beating wildly in his chest, he did not know what the hell was going on or why these... romantic things were placed inside his locker.

Is this... a love letter?

He unfolded the letter to reveal tidy handwriting, it seemed like the someone who wrote him this letter made a lot of effort to write it. His heart was beating even faster by now.
With wide eyes, he read:

'Dear Taehyung,

Normally, I planned on saying this to you in person but turns out I'm way too shy and nervous to actually face you like that. Which is crazy since we basically talk to each other every day.

But you just have that effect on me. I may not show it, but you're making me feel things. A lot of things and they're driving me insane which is why I'm writing you this letter.

The first time I saw you, I thought I saw an angel. Call me crazy but I was literally stunned by your beauty, do you even know how damn beautiful you are?
I couldn't take my eyes off you, it was like you were hypnotizing me. Never had I ever seen such a beautiful human in my life before, and I'm not exaggerating.

But not only your physical appearance intrigued me, the moment I saw you, it was as if I was immersed into you and your unique personality, as creepy as it sounds. (I promise, I'm not a creep!)
My eyes kept drifting away just to watch you, all the damn time. It's like you put me under a spell.

I started noticing things about you.
How shy you get when you talk to teachers.
How clingy you are with your best friends.
How much you seem to love noodles (Our cafeteria's lunch sucks ass, but somehow, you seem happy eating noodles).
How you cup your chin with your palm and roll your eyes when you get bored in class.
How your lips form into a pout and your eyes go all round when you eat.
How sassy you can be.

This is very embarrassing for me to say, actually. I've kept this a secret for a significant amount of time, but I don't think I can hold myself back anymore. I'm going to take a risk.

Kim Taehyung, I like you a lot.

(More like 'I'm madly in love with you and I would do anything for you' but I figured that would make me sound like a creep...)