Chapter 2

"Told you he was gonna be cute. Actually, scratch that, he's fucking hot!" Taehyung looked at his redheaded friend with an annoyed expression, already fed up.

"So not true. He's not that good-looking. Besides, he's a walking cliché already. I get bad vibes from people like those," Taehyung said, poking his chopsticks around in his weird rice dish. He despised cafeteria food.

"How could you think that? Jesus Christ, have you seen his jawline? And his body proportions? He looks like some kind of Greek God! And he has that aura, that really mysterious aura. And intimidating. But still calm, with a sense of compassion," Hoseok protested while removing the mushrooms from his own dish.

"What are you, a psychologist? I agree with Taehyung, he radiates major asshole vibes," Jimin interjected, mixing his rice dish with red hot chili sauce.

"Every hot guy radiates major asshole vibes, Jimin." As he was finally done removing the mushrooms from his dish, he removed the paprika pieces next. A layer of fried vegetables could be seen at the rim of his plate.

"Well, I, for instance, don't radiate major asshole vibes, Hoseok." Spicing up his dish even more, Jimin sprayed pepper on it.

"You kind of do. But then again, you're not a hot guy either, Chim." The red-haired boy stuck his tongue out playfully, now finally beginning to eat with all the unwanted foods removed from his dish.

"You fucker." The silver-haired boy kicked Hoseok's shin, making the other, who was just sipping on a bit of peach-flavoured ice tea, choke slightly.

Taehyung giggled at his friends' silly bickering. "You guys are ridiculous sometimes. Don't worry, Minnie. To me, you're hot enough. And not to mention, a lot hotter than that Jungkook guy."
With that, Jimin blushed a darker shade than his now chili-flavored dish, that going unnoticed by both his friends.

°○●○●○°

When Jungkook entered the cafeteria, he could feel everyone's eyes on him, shamelessly gaping at him. He rolled his eyes and gritted his teeth.

Stupid, obnoxious-ass kids. Don't they have anything better to do than to stare at my face? God, I hate this school already.

While being lost in his thoughts, he saw someone waving their hand at him, motioning him to sit at their table.

It was Min Yoongi, the cat-like boy with whom he shared a desk, next to him sat an evidently tall, sophisticated- and friendly-looking boy with honey-blonde hair and dimples, softly accentuating his cheeks.

"Yo, new kid, feel free to sit with us. I'm Yoongi. Your seatmate, as you may know. This is Kim Namjoon, probably the smartest person you will ever meet. You're Jungkook, right?" Nodding, Jungkook took a seat next to him, greeting Namjoon, who greeted him back politely.

These guys don't seem too shitty.

"So, I'm guessing you don't know anyone at this school yet. Let me introduce you to some people of our class. We're not many, so it won't take long." Giving another appreciative nod, Jungkook completely disregarded his quite disgusting-looking food and turned his head towards Yoongi, who started talking.

"You see the table to our right? Here we have a bunch of wannabe-badasses. These guys try to be intimidating and bad all the time but I'm tellin' ya, it won't work. To make matters even worse, they try to flirt with everyone because they're desperate for a girlfriend-- or boyfriend, that is.
Anyways, their names are Mark, Jackson, Yugyeom and some dude I can't seem to remember the name of. (A/N: Sorry to got7, I couldn't think of better names :D)
Not gonna lie, I think they feel a bit discouraged by you, they've been giving you death glares for a while now."

Slightly bending his head to look at them, Jungkook saw the four of them giving him piercing stares, like angry wolves, and smirked smugly. Motioning Yoongi to continue, he eyed the next table.

"Over there we have wannabe Vsco-girls. You know, the ones who try to be hardcore aesthetic and trendy all the time, filming TikToks and taking selfies on school property to be cool?
And to make matters worse, they scream and giggle around all day, it's so fucking painful for my ears. And the way they talk about other kids, disgusting. It's not like they are any better.

"Well yeah, that's them. They even give themselves English names to sound unique. Lisa, Nancy, Mia, Sunny, whatever. They've been staring at you aswell, they probably think you're hot." (A/N: again, I'm sorry for my lack of name-giving creativity and I don't intend to hurt anyone with my writing lmao, also, no offense to people who use tiktok ect.!)

Glancing shortly at the females whose cheeks immediately started reddening, Jungkook chuckled shortly while turning back to Yoongi and Namjoon.

"Well, they're not wrong."
The other laughed shortly, giving him a pat on the shoulder.
"Confident, are we? Well anyways, next to them we have..."

After Yoongi introducing him to two other tables, Namjoon occasionally joining him while eating passionately, only one table with three people seated at it was left.
Jungkook didn't get to eat much.

Well, it wasn't like he wanted to, the food did not look very pleasing.

"Okay, last table. You see that kid with the red hair? That's the most despicable kid you will ever meet. His name is Jung Hoseok and god, he never shuts up. I've known him since middle school. We used to be cool but now, hell fucking no. He's so annoying.
Sometimes, I wanna strangle him.

"The kid with the silver hair is pretty cool, I guess. His name's Something Jimin, although he does give me the creeps sometimes, you don't want him to give you a death glare, trust me. But at least he's quiet.

"Lastly, you see that brown-haired kid, the kind-of-pretty one? That's Kim Taeh--"

Suddenly, the shrill sound of the school bell interrupted him, indicating that a new lesson would begin soon.
Jungkook now averted his attention towards the timetable in his hands, having no time to think about Yoongi's last words.

"Well shit, we have chemistry now. C'mon, we'll show you the way."

Standing up, the three of them left the cafeteria after dumping their trays, along with the rest of the class, already dreading the next few hours.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: Heyyy,

so wow, i can't believe this book has over 100 reads already, it's crazy.
on my other book, it took me way longer so i'm really shook, and thankful! 💕💕

thanks a lot to everyone who's reading this, i appreciate it and i 💜 you!)