Chapter 70

"What if they hate me?"

A raven-haired boy stopped in his tracks, turned his head in astonishment and laid eyes upon his beloved pink-haired boyfriend who looked at the ground in worry, hands fiddling with the hem of his sweater.

"Bub, please. That's stupid, why would they hate you? They've known you for ages." He walked towards the other and removed his hands from the fabric, holding them tightly in his own.
"Well- I haven't always been too nice to them, especially Min Yoongi. Mainly because of this stupid rivalry between him and Hobi-Hyung, but that's irrelevant now and besides the point. I just... I feel like they might think of me as some stuck up diva. And definetely not good enough for you." He was cut off by Jungkook shaking his head profusely.

"That was a time long ago. Our friends aren't rivals anymore and I think Yoongi-Hyung likes you lots, he's just too stubborn to admit it. Just don't worry about it, they'll be delighted," the ravenette spoke while laughing, peppering Taehyung's face with little kisses in order to encourage him which made the latter giggle cutely.

Yes, they were about to announce their relationship in front of Jungkook's closest friends, not that Namjoon and Yoongi hadn't expected this already. In fact, they had been waiting eagerly for the two to finally change up their relationship status but it was still a big moment for the couple, exposing their relationship just like that.

And after Namjoon and Yoongi, they planned on telling Taehyung's friends aswell.
Hoseok and Jimin had luckily found their way to each other again, being on amazing terms with each other. They sat together at lunch again and to avoid any awkwardness between him and Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook would always sneak their food into the library (though it was forbidden!) and have their privacy there, but now, they wanted to change things and go a bit more public.

"Don't be so discouraged, my dearest angel. Remember how my mom reacted when I told her about us? They're gonna react the same, we're happy with each other and that's all that matters," Jungkook added, thinking back to his mother's engagement party that had found place just a few days ago.

-

"Let's do this, like, really formally. Take my arm," Jungkook whispered towards his new boyfriend, standing up and straightening his spine as he held his arm out for Taehyung to take while laughing.

"Oh god, this is so embarrassing," the pink-haired boy whispered back as he held on to his lover's arm and stood up aswell. The two of them looked like they might get wedded any moment.
"No, it's not. It's cute," Jungkook answered happily, now starting to walk confidently and Taehyung shyly following him while still holding on to his arm. In a span of about ten seconds, the two of them were standing right in front of the soon-to-be brides.

Momentarily, Taehyung forgot how to breathe. He knew Jungkook's mother was a sweet and lovely woman but he couldn't deny the panic settling inside his chest and plaguing him. His experience with Jungkook's other parent hadn't been all too good, after all.

"Mom?," the ravenette asked, the woman's head turning towards the two of them and Taehyung holding his breath and clutching the younger boy's arm tighter out of nervosity.
But when Mrs. Jeon laid eyes on her son and smiled a smile sweeter than cotton candy, he realized that he was most likely overdramaticizing. The love that she held in her eyes was unlike any other.

"I-I wanted to introduce someone to you," Jungkook kept talking, pulling the older boy closer towards him as both of them slightly blushed. Mrs. Jeon simply widened her eyes while gaping at them.
"This is Kim Taehyung, my boyfriend."

For a moment, there was pure silence. She had obviously not expected that at all.
But soon enough, an even huger smile found place on her beautiful face and she hugged her son tightly, exclaiming a happy "Oh Jungkookie, I'm so happy for you! The Kim Taehyung, huh? Seems like you won his heart after all." She then turned towards Taehyung with the same huge cotton candy-like smile still remaining.
"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mrs. Jeon," he spoke shyly, bowing his head slightly.