Chapter 57

After the fifth Red Velvet song, Yoongi finally felt better, pausing his music momentarily. Surprisingly, there was no awkward tension (just a sad one) and he actually felt like talking.

"So, what made you take my phone away and binge-listen to emotional Red Velvet songs?," he then asked, not looking at the other boy purposefully. Hoseok sighed, taking the earbud out of his ear.

"I didn't think you'd be the one to share my problems with, but I'm pretty sad right now. I don't care if you care but I need to let it out." He then took a deep breath. "My best friends just had this huge fight. Actually, it wasn't even a fight. Jimin has feelings for Taehyung and he confessed. And now, nothing's gonna be the same. They're gonna avoid each other forever!" Yoongi sucked in a breath.

"Do you really think so? Friendship doesn't just vanish into thin air like that, I know for a fact that they've been inseperable since middle school," he answered truthfully, the redhead sighing again. "Elementary school, actually. But I wouldn't be too sure about that. Taehyung would obviously want to stay friends with him after enough time passes and he clears his head but Jimin never saw him as a friend in the first place, so why would he make any effort to repair that friendship?" He continued.

"I mean, friendships do break. Which is the most heartbreaking thing, of course. The two of us, we used to be close in middle school too, and now..." He drifted off into silence, not knowing what to say.
"...We're not anymore," the mint-haired boy answered for him.

"What exactly happened again?," Hoseok dared to ask, carefully.
"We used to be friends. Then, you started hanging out with Taehyung and Jimin a lot and I was mad at you for leaving me hanging just like that and stopped talking to you and Namjoon and I became friends instead. And then I found you annoying. Yeah, I can still remember that," Yoongi spoke. He didn't sound necessarily sad or bitter, quite unfazed. Like he was talking about the weather.

The redhead stayed silent for a while. "I feel bad now. I'm sorry for being a lame douche in middle school." The mint-haired boy shrugged.
"It's in the past. And actually, I think it's good things turned out this way. You, Taehyung and Jimin just fit, you're a fun trio. The two of us, we've always had our differences, middle school 'til now. So I hope you guys will find your way back together. And what I'm saying with that, I hope you'll bring them back together. You're the glue that sticks them together now."

"I..." Hoseok needed some time to think. "That's not entirely true. Me and Jimin are like polar opposites, Taehyung was the reason we got along too. He's the actual glue that sticks us together. And you and I? We made good friends and it's not like we're any more different than Jimin and I. Plus, we seem to have the same music taste. Do you still happen to listen to Taylor Swift?" At that, the usually so bold and brazen Min Yoongi showed a soft smile and nodded.

"Always. 'Love Story' will always be my fave." At that, the redhead nodded enthusiastically and gave him a thumbs up. "So Min Yoongi still has good taste in music. By the way, what had you so worked up before? You didn't look too happy, either." The slightly older boy shrugged.

"Nothing serious, just a few family problems..." And in that exact moment, the damned school bell rang.
"Oh, gotta go. See you around, Jung. Maybe you're not that shit after all." He lifted his hand to give a short wave and took his phone again, now walking off and leaving an extremely stunned Jung Hoseok.

So Min Yoongi did know how to be nice...

°○●○●○°

The whole afternoon, Jungkook felt quite gloomy.

First, his parents being uncooperative again. Well, uncooperative would be an understatement. To elaborate, his father was being a douche. Then, Taehyung being sad. And finally, the guilt he felt for Jimin. No matter how much Jimin disliked him and he disliked Jimin, a small part of him felt utterly bad for him. Was he even worthy of Taehyung's love and affection, more than Jimin? He didn't know.