Chapter 25

"Ugh, why couldn't you just stay in the car?"

"Because I left my hairbrush here weeks ago and I just noticed! Now stop being an ass and stop pushing me around, Taehyung!"

"Stop blocking me, then!"

Kim Taehyung and his sister were just casually bickering on their aunt Hyejin's doorstep.

Kim Taeha persisted on entering the house because of her forgotten hairbrush but Taehyung did not want that. Why?

Because it was such a hassle to wait for her to find it?

Or maybe because he was worried that Jungkook was already there and she would see and ask him questions or tell him embarrassing things about Taehyung.
A bit of both, maybe.

But since his dear sister was being so persistent, he decided it was pointless to try to hold her back and just took a risk. Maybe Jungkook wouldn't even be there at all.

Why was he even worrying about this?

"Fine, enter. And hurry, I'll go search for Yeontan," he mumbled and unlocked the front door, going straight to the garden to find the adorable Pomeranian.

A sweet smile adorned his face as he saw the dog jumping around a nice patch of grass with flowers of various vibrant colours decorating it.

"Baby... Hi!," he whispered happily, grabbing him and holding him against his chest, the adorable dog barking in delight.
"Let's go inside to meet Jungkook."
He cooed at Yeontan and walked inside the house to check if the ravenette had arrived.

It was safe to say he had.
Currently, he was standing at the doorway, laughing. With his sister.

They looked oddly comfortable with each other.

Taehyung frowned, subconciously getting closer to the two of them. Taeha, who was standing at the other side of the doorway and looked like she was about to leave, noticed him and waved.

"There he is. I am gonna take my leave now, Taehyungie. I found my hairbrush pretty quickly thanks to Jungkook, who decided to be a gentleman and help me. You could never." She stuck her tongue out at him, waving at the two of them one last time and leaving the house.

They're on first-name basis already, huh?

And then, Jungkook turned around and smiled at him charmingly, making his heart stop for a second.
"Finally, you're here. Hey, it's nice to see you."
Taehyung sighed.

"Didn't I already tell you to stop flirting with my sister? She's kind of seeing someone right now, and that someone is a girl. Not to mention, you are absolutely not her type. She likes cute people."
For some reason, the ravenette looked amused.

"You don't think I am cute?" He tried to pout, leaving Taehyung with a dumbfounded expression on his face.
"No, I don't! And if you don't mind, I would appreciate it if--"

"Calm down, babe. We were just talking about you." The brunette furrowed his eyebrows.
"Yeah, sure. Why would you have so much fun talking about me? And stop calling me that!"

"Aw, don't worry. Taeha just told me you talk about me sometimes. Which is cute. And then I told her about recent events. Which she found cute. And then she told me she rooted for us which made me laugh, and then--"
He got interrupted by a struggling Taehyung who was trying to hold a very wiggly Yeontan against his chest.

"Yes, yes. Okay, I get it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but I'm still warning you. Don't you dare try to get with my sister." As he succeeded and finally got Yeontan to stay still so he could cradle him again, he looked at Jungkook doubtfully.