Chapter 31

After lunch, Taehyung walked towards his locker again and collected all the pieces of paper which had become even more in the last few hours.

He really tried to ignore it, but something inside of him always made him open the letters and send his mood even more down the drain.

'Jungkook deserves better than you, leave him alone! He's 100% straight anyways, he was probably just scared of what you might do him if he didn't pretend to like you! Don't do this to him and do us all a favour, leave him alone!'

And the next one:

'First BamBam and now Jeon? You're really hitting it off with every dude, huh?
When's my turn? I promise I'll be gentle ;)'

He sighed shakily. All of these letters practically said the same things, they just used different words:
You're a slut. You love playing around.

And in real life, no one confronted him or even dared to say anything. They just stared at him, their gazes full of venom and displeasure.

Of course, because anonymously, people said anything they wanted without a single sense of shame but as soon as they stood in front of him, they turned into cowards who didn't dare to say anything.

Taehyung tried not to get affected.
They're just stupid, immature teenagers who judge you without even knowing anything, he tried to tell himself. Don't let it get to you.

But it did get to him.

He felt a pang in his chest, getting harder and deeper at every single word he read. The corners of his mouth dropped, a sad expression spreading over his face.

Just as he was about to fold the letter back together, he felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around abruptly, his eyes casting downwards as he saw who it was.

"Oh, Jungkook. Hi."
Did he know about the rumors? He expected Jungkook to be super awkward about this and avoid him out of embarrassment. Maybe he simply didn't know yet. But sooner or later, he would. Taehyung's mood definetely was at the bottom of the pit by now.

He really didn't want to lose a friend.

"What's wrong? Why do you look so sad?," the ravenette asked, his eyes on the letters that Taehyung's slender fingers were grasping.
"What are those?"

So many damn questions.

The brunette laughed it off. "Oh, this? N-Nothing. And-- well, there are some... rumors, I think? About... me? People are just reacting a bit negatively so they pushed notes into my locker--" He gasped when Jungkook suddenly tore a letter out of his hand and opened it, eyeing Taehyung suspiciously.

He frowned as he saw the contents of the letter, his expression turning into one full of distaste. "What the hell? Who the fuck said this?!" Not even giving the other a chance to respond, he grabbed another letter and opened it aswell, this time, it was the 'First BamBam and now Jeon?'- letter.

His eyes darkened and his knuckles turned white from gripping the paper so harshly.
Okay, JK. Calm down or you'll scare him, he thought to himself. So, he took a deep breath and forced his eyes off the paper and the suggestive words written inside it.

"You need to report this, Tae," he said as softly as he could, despite everything inside him urging him to shout.
"This is not okay. This dude..." He held the last letter in front of Taehyung's eyes, "...was clearly objectifying you."

Taehyung shook his head wildly, not wanting to make a big deal out of this.
"No need. This is just temporary, they will stop as soon as they get tired of it." He tried to get the paper back out of Jungkook's hand but as soon as he reached his hand out, he felt the younger boy grab his wrist before he could even touch the paper.