Chapter 38

The bus ride was quite peaceful at first.

Taehyung and Jimin shared earbuds and listened to some relaxing road trip-music, Hoseok had his massive Bluetooth headphones on his head and bopped his head to the beat of his evidently loud music blasting, lip-syncing aggressively with his eyes closed.

Jungkook watched the boy next to him with a raised eyebrow, he himself scrolling through his social media and watching some random YouTube-videos.
He yawned, not having slept a lot the night before.

Should he attempt to sleep? But everyone was being extremely loud, he didn't think he could.

All of a sudden, he heard a giggle from behind, a giggle which sounded an awful lot like Taehyung.
Curious about what he was giggling about, he turned his head around.

And he saw the brunette, his head leaning onto Jimin's shoulder and his eyes closed. He was struggling with his earbud since his head was tilted and therefore, laughed at his own incapability. Jungkook could see the silver-haired boy next to him smile fondly and felt his blood boil.

Jealousy.

He was very jealous indeed, it was supposed to be him whose shoulder Taehyung's head should be leaning on, him who Taehyung was supposed to share earphones with and him who should be enjoying Taehyung's company right now.

He really wanted to smack himself for even thinking like that, why was he acting like some sort of over-possessive boyfriend right now? He should really learn how to control his emotions...

Shaking his head at himself, he was about to turn around again but widened his eyes when he saw Park Jimin glare at him with the probably most menacing glare he had ever witnessed so far.
Pretending as if nothing had happened, he just turned his head abruptly, his heart beating in his chest wildly. Out of shock.

He flinched when he saw Hoseok look, no, stare at him with a very knowing face, his headphones lifted off his head for a moment.
And of course, that moment had to be now.
"You like him that much, huh?"

The ravenette gasped, laughing nervously.
"Huh? W-What are you talking about?"
The redhead gave him a heart-felt smile, a hand placed on his chest.

"No need to hide it in front of me, sweetie, I can see everything. You like my friend, a lot." Jungkook widened his eyes, panicking and not knowing what he should say to talk himself out of this painfully embarrassing situation. Because the older boy was obviously right.

"What- Why do you think that?," he then asked, trying to sound as confused as possible.
Hoseok cocked an eyebrow.

"Seriously? You're being painfully obvious. The way you look at him? And smile at him? And all the romantic gestures he told me about? Don't tell me I'm being delusional, I may be a little loco sometimes, but I'm not dumb." He snickered at Jungkook's extremely flustered expression.

"H-He talks about me?," he then asked quietly, a fond smile forming on the other's face.
"See? I knew it. And well, yeah. He does talk about you, however, there's something you need to know about him. Taehyungie's a very smart kid with a very smart brain but there's one thing that he's being a little dummy about: love. You could tell him to have your damn babies and move in with you and he wouldn't get it. But I can help you with that."

"If you want to woo him, be a bit straightforward. But still gentle. Let him know he can trust you, and--" Jungkook cut him off briefly.
"Yes, I know. I've got millions of lectures about this, already. My cousin is also very invested in my love life..."

"Your cousin? Blimey, this must be serious. Well, in case you ever plan on asking him out, he likes red roses. And sweet things, like chocolate, cookies, cake, and especially ice cream. Cliché, I know. But our Taehyungie's a bit of a hopeless romantic, though he can seem cold at first. He acts like a tsundere, but he's a squishy, little baby inside." The ravenette smiled widely, hearing such endearing things about the other boy.